The protea is by far the best and most comfortable hotel in Katima. It has clean comfortable rooms - the larger rooms are often available for a good deal to walk in guests so worth asking about those. The setting of the bar is amazing - views over the Zambezi watching hippos and crocs. Amazing. Highly recommend this place -... More
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Zambezi River
- Protea Hotel Zambezi River Katima Mulilo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protea Hotel Zambezi River - Gateway to Victoria Falls and the Chobe National Park. Set in natural surroundings on the banks of the Zambezi River, Protea Hotels Zambezi Riveroffers comfortable facilities, ideal for an overnight stay en-route to the many tourist destinations in the area. Accommodation comprises 38 standard twin and 4 luxury double en-suite rooms overlooking the Zambezi River or garden and pool area, with restaurant and bar facilities are available daily. You can take a boat cruise on the Zambezi River with excellent opportunities to observe hippos and crocodiles. Or you could stroll through the lively town of Katima Mulilo, enjoy the African flair at the open market and buy original crafts ranging from baskets, jewellery, traditional musical instruments to animals made of scrap metal or wood. Excursions to the nearby National Parks (Mudumu, Mamili and Bwabata), Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe or Zambia) and to the Chobe National Park can be arranged on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Protea Hotel Zambezi River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.