We stayed at the Residenza for 4 nights and this was our first trip to Italy. When we go back to Rome some day we will stay again. The room we had (family of 4 - room #1) was perfect. The size was great, the beds and pillows were comfortable. The staff is amazing - warm, friendly and helpful. The... More
- Also Known As:
- Residenza Santa Maria Hotel Rome
- Residenza Santa Maria Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Residenza Santa Maria, is a small exclusive Hotel de charm, located I the heart of Rome, just a stone’s from the magnificent and picturesque square of Santa Maria in Trastevere. This boutique Hotel is the result of the skilful restoration of a 17th century building. The whole house is dominated by brick arches, wooden ceilings, artistic hand painted frescos and wall decorations which give to the Residenza Santa Maria an atmosphere of refined elegance. With only 6 rooms, the Residenza Santa Maria is somewhat smaller than its namesake which allows for even greater atmosphere, notwithstanding the fact that having only recently opened it is also equipped with high tech environment. The large and quite, no smoking, rooms, some of which family rooms, are fully equipped with private bathroom with tub and shower, A/C, telephone, mini-bar, safe, satellite flat panel TVs, free internet connection, boiler for tea/coffee and other amenities. In the breakfast room, once a Roman cistern of the II cen. BC, decorated by original ancient Roman artifacts found on site during restoration of the building, guests can enjoy a rich and delicious buffet breakfast, (scramble or boiled eggs, ham, cheese, salami, fresh bread, assortment of biscuits, cakes, fresh fruits, yogurt, fresh croissants, selection of fruit juices etc.). Thanks to great location, from the Hotel Residenza Santa Maria, guests can easily reach the main tourist sites like Campo de’ Fiori, Navona Square, the Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi’s fountain, the Roman Forum and Coliseum with just a relaxing stroll through a maze of fascinating medieval streets. The Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Square are a few minutes away. Furthermore Trastevere, apart from the beauty of its mediaeval narrow little streets, is filled with typical restaurants, markets, pubs and cafés.The Residenza Santa Maria also offers services like transfer to and from the airport, private guided tours, laundry service, shiatsu massage, beauty centre, baby sitting service and car and scooter hire, as well as offering free use of bikes to its personal guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Hotel Residenza Santa Maria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.