This is one of the most enjoyable city hotels we have ever visited. For starters, you will rarely if ever see a more amazing hotel roof terrace, complete with a view of the famous cathedral dome on one side and the Arno river on the other. The panoramic view provides an additional perspective on this extraordinary city and helps you... More
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- n the heart of Florence, in a prestigious 13th century building, you will find the Historical Tower "Antica Torre di via Tornabuoni n° 1. The historic building, which belonged to the Gianfigliazzi family until the end of the 18th century, hosted numerous important historical figures. At the beginning of the 20th century, the palace was transformed into a "Piccioli Guesthouse", quickly becoming a favorite residence of the English aristocrats and literati that loved the atmosphere of Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance and the Sweet New Style, with its churches, works of art and unique cultural climate. After the Great War, the Piccioli Guesthouse was closed, but reopened in 2001 under the name "Antica Torre". Thanks to careful restoration work which preserved and brought back to life all of the buildings original appeal, the Via Tornabuoni palace acquired life and warmth once again. The magnificent complex is considered one of the historic "tower houses" of Medieval Florence, and it preserves to this day the original architectural characteristics. It is an admirable example of how man is capable of taking buildings which were once devised for the purposes of war into oasis of peace, culture and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, Venere and Travelocity so you can book your Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel Florence
- Antica Torre Di Via Tornabuoni Hotel