When you first step up to this hostel, It looks warm quaint and relaxing as you would expect in New Zealand, you enter the main common building and your plesently surprised to see how homely decorated and cared for the main common room is with games and activities avalible as well as internet and the large shared kitchen. Its when... More
- Also Known As:
- Albatross Backpacker Hotel Kaikoura
- Albatross Backpacker Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hostel with Soul! Characterful historic building filled with music, art, food and good company! Run by travelers for travelers, at The Albatross you'll find a warm, inviting place in which to unwind after your time on the road. What we offer you:- Spacious lounge filled with art by world travellers, musical instruments and plenty of space to relax.- Funky well-equipped kitchen with complimentary herbs, spices, cooking oil and Fairtrade Organic tea, coffee and hot chocolate.- Warm, comfortable rooms with heaters in each and fully made beds.- An Art Corner for creating masterpieces! - Guitars, ukuleles, hand drums and songbooks.- Loads of fun board games and well-stocked book exchange.- Regular group dinners, BBQs in summer and hot puddings by the log fire in winter.- Sunny garden with a gas BBQ, lots of tables and herbs & veggies for you to pick.- Free bikes. Cyclist specials and lockable bike storage.- Lots of good local info and advice, free guide book rental, onward travel booking. Come join us for our next Curry Night, a Jam Session or an epic round of "Kaikouropoly"! Ben and Katie look forward to welcoming you to The Albatross. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Albatross Backpacker Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.