The place is much more interesting from outside the rooms than inside, since once you are in your room, it’s tough to tell you are in an old freight car. The rooms are nice, though, large and clean. The hallways can be noisy. The continental breakfast was nothing special. The hosts were very friendly.
- Also Known As:
- Northern Rail Traincar Hotel
- Northern Rail Traincar Hotel Two Harbors
- Northern Rail Traincar Bed And Breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Rail Traincar Suites is a "Unique Hotel with a B&B Feel"! Nestled among 160 acres of woods and wildlife, our accommodations provide a relaxing northern getaway 1/2 mile from the north shore of Lake Superior. There are 14 rooms in 7 boxcars (1/2 car each) called Porter and Porter w/Sofa rooms and there are 3 full car Suites (there are 10 cars total). We have several themes for our rooms: Oriental (inspired by the Asian influence of the Orient Express) Safari (Inspired by the Safari trains of the early 1900's) Victorian (Inspired by the era of train travel) Northwoods rooms for something different: Fishing, Bear, Golf & Lighthouse. From the charming platform hallway to the unique rooms and the peaceful surroundings Northern Rail appeals to anyone looking for a unique experience! ... more less