Went to the Ship Hotel for a couple of nights and had a terrific time. All the staff were really helpful and pleasant, nothing was too much trouble. We took our dog and he was also made to feel very welcome with the odd biscuit and even a sausage for breakfast. The room was great and the food at both... More
- Also Known As:
- The Ship At Dunwich Hotel Dunwich
- The Ship At Dunwich Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a haunt of smugglers, The Ship Inn isn't just a great place to eat, drink, relax and get away from it all – we like to think it's also part of a great story. Now a quiet, idyllic village surrounded by nature reserves, heathland and beach, only the romantic ruins of Dunwich monastery remain to hint at the fate of this once thriving medieval port claimed by the waves during a terrible storm. It's said you can still hear the peal of the church bells beneath the waves. While we can't guarantee that, there are certain, more earthly things we're always happy to provide… real ales, real food and a real fire. You will find: a great pub, home-cooked food in our restaurant, a cosy hotel with comfortable, traditionally furnished bedrooms, some with views across the sea or marshes. There is also an enormous garden dotted with fruit trees (including our 300 year old fig tree) and a beach that really is just a couple of minutes walk away. Whether you want to use it as a base to explore this wild and wonderful coastline, enjoy some of the best fish and chips on the Suffolk coast or simply indulge in a pint or two of Adnams, The Ship Inn at Dunwich extends the warmest of welcomes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Ship at Dunwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.