Initially I thought, 'what have I done' after arriving here as it was someway out of town (about 4 km) and looked like many places I has stayed in Sri Lanka i.e. potential not fulfilled. The old part of the building is a beautiful old Dutch house that really is lovely although in some pretty serious need of repair. The... More
- Also Known As:
- Nooit Gedacht - Ayurveda Health Hotel
- Nooit Gedacht - Ayurveda Health Hotel Unawatuna
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nooit Gedacht is a historical Colonial style villa built in 1735. It was once the country home of a Dutch governor name De jong and was later taken over by the British as a military logistic centre. It is just 10 minutes walk away from the Unawatuna beach & 5 Km from UNESCO world heritage site of Galle fort. Nestling at the foot of Rumassala mountain (referred as Sanjeewani Mountain in the epic of Ramayana ) Nooit Gedacht is situated in the middle of a palm garden full of natural flora & fauna & a lotus lake. Guests can also enjoy traditional Ayurveda treatments, Spa, yoga & meditation while they indulge them selves in the tranquility that this place has to offer. Nooit Gedacht...Your Home in the Sun, is a place with old world charm & modern comforts that you must not miss while you are in Unawatuna!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Nooit Gedacht - Ayurveda Health Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.