Patty is a wonderful host, she gives directions, advice on what to do, and is very hospitable. Naguabo is about a 30 minute drive from El Yunque, and it is basically a one street town. You will get an authentic experience, but it's not really the small fishing village I was expecting ... instead it is rather loud and generally a local party atmosphere, with teenagers driving up and down the street blasting music. The restaurants in town are few and not that great. I would stay at a more rural place next time to get a nature experience. That said, Casa Libre has clean and well set up rooms, parking, and Patty makes a fantastic breakfast. The only issue with the place itself is that there is only hot water in the showers, and it doesn't get that hot because it comes through an electric heater attached to the shower.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Libre Puerto Rico Hotel Naguabo
- Casa Libre Puerto Rico Hotel
- Casa Libre Puerto Rico Naguabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Libre is located in Playa Hucares, Naguabo - a quaint fishing village on the South Eastern Coast of Puerto Rico. Situated one block from the water, visitors can walk to the waterfront boardwalk or take in the view while dipping in the pool. Great destination for travelers seeking the attractions of the East, including El Yunque, Luquillo Beach & Bio-Luminescent Bay of Fajardo. Guests enjoy comfortable rooms, familiar atmosphere, great hospitality & hearty breakfasts. ... more less