Have just returned from our 4th visit to the Island Inn. It is still the smallest hotel with the biggest heart we have ever stayed in. The staff are just wonderful, they welcomed us back with big hugs and the biggest smiles. We stayed in a superior garden view room in the southern block which was just a few steps away from the pool. The level of housekeeping is exceptional. Clean towels every day, and very high standards of cleaning.
There is a new Chef since our last visit, and she is brilliant. The presentation and quality of the food has improved, as has the choices for the buffet meals.
Yes, there is a slight problem with rain getting into the new sections of the dining area, but we had some very impressive downpours, and yes, you couldn't sit there, obviously, but other tables where always available. The management are very aware of this problem and are trying very hard to get it resolved.
The hotel was relatively full this visit which was good fun and there was always a great crowd in the courtyard of an evening. There was also alot of repeat guests there together with 1st timers, the majority of which were planning to come back again. We even met up with a couple from last year which was lovely.
The Island Inn gives you the perfect holiday if you want total relaxation, in beautiful surroundings with the most attentive staff you could ever wish to meet. We are already looking forward to next year!!!
- Also Known As:
- Island Hotel Bridgetown
- Island Inn Barbados
- Island Inn Hotel Barbados
- Island Inn
- Island Inn Hotel Barbados/Bridgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Inn is a quaint, 24 room, all inclusive property with meeting and function facilities. Situated less than a mile from the centre of Historic Bridgetown and within the Garrison Area – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The hotel is footsteps away from the beach at the beautiful Carlisle Bay and Pebbles Beach and is conveniently close to shops and restaurants. Island Inn will amaze you with its disarming simplicity and old world charm. Whether you’re here alone, with the family, or with a group, travelling on vacation or on business, the Island Inn Hotel offers an unrivaled warmth of atmosphere, with contemporary trappings and a true Bajan experience. Originally constructed in 1804 as a Rum Storage facility for the British Regiment, Island Inn Hotel is now part of the historic Garrison area of Barbados. The building was designated a national treasure of Barbados. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Island Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.