My husband and I were visiting the DR so we could spend Easter with our daughter who is on semester in Santiago. We planned to spend the first part of our trip on the beach and the second part with her on her University mission campus. Since this was our first time visiting the DR I followed the recommendations from others very closely as we did not want to be surprised or disappointed. We were absolutely delighted with this resort. It is exquisite, low-key, quiet, and very private.
Pulling into the drive we were wowed by the gorgeous edifice of the hotel. The doorman greeted us at the door with "welcome home" and we exchanged names, which he remembered for the length of our stay. Soon we were seated in the airy reservation area, complimentary cocktails in hand, while we reviewed our reservation with the very pleasant staff. We enjoyed a tour of the property including the inviting spa facilities. I noted to myself how much it felt like the Kohler Waters spa in Wisconsin and indeed the bathrooms are fully outfitted with premium Kohler tubs, showers, and faucets. Delightful!
Our room had a tropical view, facing the pond. The room was huge with two queen sized beds so our daughter could stay with us also. With the balcony doors open it was breezy and wonderful.
We particularly loved that the resort cares so much about conserving energy which was evidenced by the room key's control of the power. Key in: power on. Key off: power off. We felt good about that aspect.
The food was wonderful. We enjoyed a delicious dinner on our first night, just the two of us. I don't remember what my husband ordered because I was enjoying my own filets on a bed of mashed yucca with blue cheese so much. The wait staff was superb and I am grateful they tolerated my many questions beginning with "come se dice..."
We returned to the main restaurant again on our last night with our daughter, Sara, and were happy to see that every table was occupied. Even with many diners to serve, the staff provided the same excellent service.
For breakfast we enjoyed the excellent buffet in the smaller restaurant (I'm sorry! I can't remember it's name). Again, the service is exemplary.
My daughter and I took advantage of the wonderful spa facilities and both had spa manicures and pedicures. I wish we had time to enjoy one of the many massages and facials offered. The price of the spa treatments is very, very reasonable.
There is so much more to say about this wonderful gem, the landscaping, the pool, the hot tubs, the mojitos~ I truly recommend this wonderful place to anyone looking for a different kind of resort where your relaxation and comfort is the number one priority of the staff.
We will definitely stay at Casa Colonial again based on its beauty and the facility, but mostly because of the hospitality of the staff. Thank you!
- Also Known As:
- Casa Colonial Beach And Spa
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel Puerto Plata
- Casa Colonial Beach Hotel
- Hotel Casa Colonial Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the exotic north coast of the Dominican Republic and directly on the crystal water, Casa Colonial Beach & Spa is the ultimate, world-class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Amex, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Colonial Beach & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.