We stayed at the Majestic Elegance in May of 2011. I just recently started researching hotels for our wedding and have been relying on trip advisor so I feel I must share my experience although it has been a little while. First, the Majestic Elegance is one of the newest resorts in Punta Cana and is absolutely beautiful.
The hotel itself and the rooms look exactly like the pictures. We also stayed at the Majestic Colonial in 2009 and that was a great trip as well. The pools are amazing and stertch the entire length of the resort. we were always greeted with smiling faces and always were treated very well. It is kept cleaned and well maintained and they are always out making sure everything is perfect.
The restaurants are mostly based on reservations. The food is above average I would say, compared to other resorts I've ben to. The french restaurant and the italian restaurant were our favorites. The Japanese restaurant was also very good as well as the buffet. The only restaurant I did not care for was the steak restaurant. The cut of the meats we received were not that great and were dry. Other than that, we were pleased with the food choices and quality overall.
On the resort, they always have events scheduled and shows at night that make the atmosphere lively and energetic. We attended the Michael Jackson show which was outstanding, especially since we weren't expecting it to be anything out of this world. We had an amazing time. Another night, they had a celebration of some sort featuring Dominican dancers, the buffet was lavishly decorated with fruit carvings of birds and even a coconut stand where they served fresh coconuts! We appreciated the attention to detail and have booked our wedding here for June 2013.
The beach at the resort is also very beautiful, no rocks or seaweed when were went. The majestic elegance also offers free recreational activities such as snorkeling and kayaking which we took full advantage of. We also went horseback riding, ziplining, went riding on dune buggies which are called "boogies", and we took a trip on the speed boats. Booking all of these trips was a breeze although be careful about how long they tell you to get there. My only complaint for our excursions is that the ziplining trip was a two hour drive to get to on a rickety bus. We were told by the company is would only be 45 minutes. We got the feeling they tell that to everybody because people would say no if they knew how long it really is. Let me also add that these extra trips are through outside companies and were not through the Majestic Elegance.
Overall the Majestic Elegance was one of the best vacations I have ever been on. We do travel frequently, usually to Mexico and Las Vegas, but have been here twice because we loved the Majestic properties. It is usualy priced lower than other properties that offer similiar amenitie such as the Iberostar and Riu resorts which makes it even better. I decided to write a review after reading many others that were great and finding a few that weren't so great. People that complain about their trips claiming that the weather wasn't good should not hold that against the resorts! I cannot say enough good things about this resort. Love the Majestic Elegance so much we are getting married here!!!
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Elegance Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Majestic Elegance Punta Cana Hotel
- Majestic Elegance Hotel Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Majestic Elegance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening in October 2008, the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana is the answer to fulfill the needs of a clientele, which is becoming more demanding of a high-end menu of facilities and services. This spectacular 5 star all inclusive resort is surrounded by the most astonishing landscapes, exuberant flora and fauna, making it an ideal place for Caribbean lovers and first timers visiting the Dominican Republic. In two words “comfort and style”, is the best definition to describe the New Majestic Elegance Punta Cana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Majestic Elegance Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.