Check in went fine,finding our room was another matter,this place is massive,which we knew going in but had no idea how big until you try and navigate your way around.Arrived at our room to be surprised by two double beds,had requested a king as my wife and i are lucky if we escape without the kids once a year.Went back to the front desk,tired,sweating and very frustrated but no matter this should be an easy fix,right!!At this moment i was still calm and in vacation mode or so i thought until the desk clerk said no signor there is nothing i can do..so after half an hour of talking to three people,who kept going through a door to talk we were given a new room,king bed near the beach,awesome.We were there for a conference with a large group and finding people in the group was very difficult in this resort due to the sheer size of the place.To summarize our experience,rooms were fantastic,beach great except for the currents and the lifeguard chasing us out of the water in front of the hotel,food mediocre at best,atmosphere non existant,main lobby restaurant corridore was more like a shopping mall again with no atmosphere.This was our sixth visit to Punta Cana and maybe our last if we had visited this hotel first,there are so many other wonderful properties in this area and we will return to one of them.As always in the Dominican the people were wonderful,the Presidente was cold and the phone never rang!!I am sure that this resort is perfect for some people but the size seems to cause a disconnection between staff and customer.Golf was $250,you could use resort credits but the system was down every time i trecked up to the lobby so i gave up.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Punta Cana
- Moon Palace Hotel
- Moon Palace Resort All Inclusive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 1,787 room Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana is situated on pristine sugar white sands stretching 121-acres along Macao Beach in the Dominican Republic. Hard Rock’s first all inclusive hotel and casino exudes lavish five-star amenities and personal service to create the ultimate rock star getaway. Among the resort’s many offerings are luxe accommodations, the signature Rock Spa®, 18-hole Nicklaus designed golf course, iconic music memorabilia and a larger-than-life Vegas-style casino – the largest in the Dominican Republic, featuring Oro nightclub. Guests also enjoy 15 expansive pools, four swim-up bars, a kids pool and lazy river. A variety of gourmet dining options are available through the resort’s nine restaurants, with Mansion by Simon by the famed Rock n Roll Chef Kerry Simon, set to open in 2013. The property also features more than 65,000 square-feet of flexible event and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Fareportal , Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.