My husband and I arrived Feb 2012 from London UK for our 2 week holiday. First couple of days very good and then from Friday 24th the Students started arriving from Michigan University, there were 600 in total (this included 300 who were 'thrown out' from Lifestyle apartments which was about 20 minutes away from the hotel). The Manager there told me that he would never allow Students back again due to their behaviour and the appalling damage they did to the rooms, even down to taking the hands off the large clock in reception). Of course, they headed straight to the bar where they couldn't get enought 'shots' and cocktails down them. After turning out from the Nightclub the noise in the early hours of the morning was horrendous with banging on doors, shouting and generally being a nuisance. On Sunday from around 1pm to 5pm drinks and disco was being set up on the beach apparently for a party, you guessed it, the party being for the Students. The music was so loud and thumping that people including us eventually had to move - 'Student City' has a lot to answer for - girls were passing out on the beach. We like music but the high level of sound and bass was unbearable - which even vibrated in our room. Next day on the beach there was broken glass (not from glasses for drinks as they had plastic cups but from a 'light' way up in a coconut tree). The damage to the hotel grounds was something else. We (and countless others) complained to the Hotel Management plus having to call out Security in the early hours - our first response was that the Management couldn't wait until Friday came when the Students would be going home and that they didn't have any other rooms available to put us in. But hey come Friday more Students started arriving this time from Virginia, although a lot less in numbers, still very very noisy in the early hours with the same beach party set up for them this time starting on Monday being less in numbers the Students themselves were quieter but this made not difference to the sound l;evel of music - fortunately we were going home on the Wednesday.
We have no complaints re the Staff, food and restaurants but to the Hotel Management for allowing this to happen, they should be ashamed of themselves.
We have visited many Caribbean Islands and have never experienced anything like this. We would strongly recommend that if you were thinking of booking this hotel and maybe any others in Punta Cana to check out Student Weeks.
To top it all there were two flamingos who were teased and had had stones thrown at them!!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Oasis Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Grand
- Globalia Punta Cana Grand
- Sunscape Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis Bavaro
- Punta Cana Grand Oasis
- All Inclusive Punta Cana
- Oasis Punta Cana
- Grand Oasis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Hotel Grand Punta Cana is an exclusive all-inclusive 5-star hotel resort in Punta Cana that has been especially designed for those who wish to spend their holidays with their family, get away from it all with their partner, or enjoy a holiday among friends with an authentic touch of the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Be Live Grand Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.