Just got back from Jamaica after spending 3 nights at the Rockhouse. It is a great place to stay and probably one of the best values in all of the Caribbean. We payed $160/night for a peak season room, although the villas cost more. The setting is beautiful, located on top of the rocks on the West End. There are a few food & drink options on the grounds as well as a pool.
- Overall value. It's one of the best places to stay in all of Jamaica and you can do it for less than $200/night.
- Rooms are nice, clean, and air-conditioned. Our room had a day bed, which was nice, and a great outdoor shower as well.
- The setting is amazing. The rocks provide an incredible view and the grounds around the pool and bar are fantastic.
- Extremely friendly & helpful staff.
- Great food.
- My #1 frustration does not lie solely with the Rockhouse... but with all of Negril: There are very few ATM machines. The ATMs that Negril does have (3 maybe?) are located in sketchy areas of town with plenty of sketchy people watching you. It is not a pleasant experience, so come with more than enough cash so that you don't have to make a trip to the ATM.
- If you're a beach person (as I am), it's not the most convenient place to stay. The beach is a 15-minute ride and will cost you $10 - $15 each way.
- You basically need to take a cab anytime you leave the resort. This is a little annoying, not to mention expensive. Getting a cab is easy, though, and the guys at the front desk are very helpful.
- Outside of the rooms, the place isn't cheap. Drinks, especially, will take a bite out of your wallet.
- Also Known As:
- Rockhouse Hotel Negril
- Rock House Jamaica
- Rockhouse Jamaica
- Rockhouse Hotel Jamaica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockhouse is a boutique hotel stretching across the cliffs of Pristine Cove. Nestled amongst eight acres of tropical lush gardens, thatched roofed villas are perched on the water's edge. Guests swim in the sixty foot horizon pool or take the stairs carved into the rock down to the cove for snorkeling on the reef. Home to two award winning restaurants - the Rockhouse Restaurant & Bar and the Pushcart Restaurant & Rum Bar. The renowned Rockhouse Spa has a philosophy that is a simple, holistic approach to well-being, health and happiness. Spa treatments are undertaken "on-the-rocks" in the cliff-edge Massage Cabana or at the eight room garden spa. Yoga classes are offered daily overlooking the sea.Consistently ranked one of the top resorts in the Caribbean, The Rockhouse won Caribbean's Leading Boutique Hotel 2011 and Jamaica's Leading Boutique Hotel 2012 at the World Travel Awards. In addition, the Rockhouse was also voted the No. 1 "Best Value Hotel in the Caribbean" in Travel + Leisure's March 2012 "World's Best Value Awards" and included in Conde Naste Traveler's November 2011 Readers Choice list of "Best in the World". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Rockhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.