I stayed at this hotel for 3 days in total.
Let me tell you the good and the bad things of this hotel:
1. For the price you pay, you get a good size room. Very well furnished.
2. Breakfast variety food (their menu change daily) is awesome. Almost everything you could imagine is there.
3. Very clean rooms.
4. Good Italian coffee as courtesy.
5. Really comfortable bed.
6. Good linens.
7. Excellent service, in particular at their restaurant. They work to please you.
8. Ask for rooms with views to Queen's Park Savannah. You will love that view, plus at night you'll enjoy the colorful lights in the distance.
9. If you are willing to have adventure plus save some good money, then do not take the taxi cabs located at this hotel. Instead walk down the hill and take a maxi taxi (it's van that works a bus). Let me tell you how big is the saving you could make: A ride from the Hotel's Taxi would cost you around US$20 and taking the same ride with the maxi taxi you only spend US$1. Again this is something you might try just for fun or to have a adventure....
1. If you are expecting to have your room temperature around 68. Well forget about it, I changed three times and nothing but 72 and more.
2. According to the locals the surrounding area of this hotel is dangerous. Be aware of.
3. Room service is a kind of slow.
4. Desserts and pastry is not so great.
5. Rooms with view to the back of the hotel have a terrible view. In fact, The back of the hotel needs landscaping.
Rooms with views to Queen's Park Savannah. You will love that view, plus at night you'll enj...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
28 March 2012
Dear Guest from Caracas,Venezuela:
Report response as inappropriate
Greetings from Trinidad!
We are elated that you took the time to review our hotel. We also thank you to highlight what was great,such as our Value, Decor of our rooms, Our Breakfast,Our Service, The very sweet dream sleep beds, our Italian coffee ,the 350 plus thread linen and cleanliness of our rooms.
We also noted those areas where we need to put more efforts so your next visit is awesome.
Our pastry chef has recently returned from our Waldorf Astoria hotel cross exposure,and since then she has introduced many new variety of desserts to the menu. Due to daily level of varied humidity ,it is recommended to keep the temperature at 70-72 . We also noted that you wish to get a room overlooking either mountains, or Bay Of Paria or Belmont Village? We will do all possible to facilitate that on your next visit,subject to the availability of your desired room. Hotel is situated in 29 acres of landscape ,therefore we continue to improve in planting,trimming and nourishing of our flora and fiona.
We hope to have the pleasure of your return visit soon.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC