Had a great 5 night stay here last November. What a beautiful setting. One of the most beautiful stretches of beach I've seen. Sand like white flour and beautiful turquoise blue water. It faces west also, so great sunset opportunities. The accommodations are spread across the length of beach with villas on far end. It is on the smaller side as far as number of accommodations so that makes it nice. Aside from villas, rooms are one story so no noise above and only one room next too you but we never heard anything. The main building where everything is located is centrally located. The resort has somewhat of a club feel. Our room was adequate, bed very comfortable.. There is plenty of closet and storage space, bathroom was fine but alittle odd set up. The big bonus is the huge screened in porch/living space. That is just a great place to hang out and has beautiful view. We spent most of our time here when not dining or at beach. It was great when there were occasional showers as you could still be outside. All rooms are literally steps from beach. The beach is very long so great walking and there is a huge lagoon to walk to at one end which is just beautiful at high tide, definitely not to miss. You can snorkel there at high tide also. At low tide it is fun to walk all the way across to other side.
They have good daily drink specials and happy hour prices each day.. Food was good and there is enough variety. Staff is very nice and owner's were very visible and approachable. We did have issues in scheduling excursions. Most require at least 4 people and no one ever signed up so we couldn't go. But water got rough then also so boats were not going out. We decided to rent a car for a day which I recommend, just to see the island. It was so easy to navigate. We drove to Blue Hole to snorkel/swim. Not much to see but just neat to experience Blue Hole. There was free diving training going on so that was neat to see. We stopped at Max's Conch Bar for lunch. That was great! - food was excellent and staff was so friendly. Highly recommend Max's.
All in all just a wonderful relaxing place to go. If you want to just relax and like a quiet, idyllic spot – this is a great one!
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Bahamas/Long Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.