The Andamanee Boutique Resort is fine if all you want is to look at the room, and have showers. However if you actually want to sleep on the beds or stay at the hotel, the experience falls far short of what you might expect for the price.
Our party, a group of 6 (two couples, two singles) stayed from Feb 08 to Feb 10. We booked through an agent in Patong at very short notice and this was the only hotel available. We also requested an extra bed in one of the rooms, and this was granted at 750 baht per night. When we got there, we found that instead of bringing up an extra bed or mattress, they put sheets and a pillow on a pre-existing couch that was in EVERY room. As we were there two nights, this amounts to a $50AUD charge for sheets and a pillow. We argued about this later but the manager's mantra about anything money related is: "You didn't ask, so we didn't tell you."
This came into play on the first night when we went into town using the hotel van. We asked the driver repeatedly about the price but his command of English was not good and we could not get an answer. We asked when we returned to the hotel and the manager informed us that it was 200 baht per room. So, 600 baht in total. We were surprised as it had cost us 200 baht in total for motorbike tuk-tuk. We argued, and the reply was, "You didn't ask, so we didn't tell you.". Except we did ask the driver, who couldn't tell us. When we argued some more, she replied, "You came back on a motorbike. You went there in a VAN. Airconditioned. It's luxury."
Luxury is obviously the keyword for Andamanee, but it makes a promise they are not able to fulfil in any way. The rooms looked luxurious, with the beds mounted on top of a boat. However, on our first night we discovered that sleeping on a hard mattress lain on top of a wooden plank is as comfortable as you would think it is. Not very. Some of us prefer a harder mattress, but this went beyond hard. Also, the bed creaked every time a movement was made. Sleep was not restful at all.
The problems continued into the next day. The buffet-style breakfast was poorly stocked to the point there was a desperate rush for omelettes whenever they appeared.
After breakfast, we asked about some shoes that had gone missing the previous day when bags were taken up to a room. The manager had said she would ask her staff about it. She now told us that no one had seen the shoes, and they had probably been left in our taxi. We argued about it for a few minutes, until one of the hotel staff overheard and volunteered that they HAD brought the shoes up, and put them in a different room. So the shoes were found, but the manager had obviously not asked any of her staff about it.
Finally, the pool was poorly maintained, with algae growth, murky water and poor service. The first day, we asked for juice and it took almost half an hour for it to arrive.
Overall, the experience left us feeling ripped off and angry. When we checked out, the manager told us, "This is the way we do things in Thailand". She is wrong about that. The Andamanee is NOT how I will be doing my next trip in Thailand, nor anyone else if I can help it.
We distrusted the management at Andamanee so much that when we checked out, instead of leaving our luggage at the hotel, we paid our driver to come from Patong to drive our luggage around all day. This was the only money I consider well-spent at this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Andamanee Boutique Resort And Spa Krabi Hotel
- Andamanee Boutique Resort And Spa Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Andamanee Boutique Resort Krabi
- Andamanee Boutique Hotel Krabi
- Andamanee Boutique Resort And Spa Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private, serene and unique place on Nopparat Thara Beach surrounding with incredible natural beauty and environments of Nopparat Thara natural park. 50 rooms are building with all comfortable facilities such as an open air spa area, a gorgeous swimming pool with Jacuzzi, pool bar, an outstanding two stories lobby combined with a spacious living area, souvenir shop, library, internet area and an open air restaurant with a distinctive overlooking swimming pool view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Andamanee Boutique Resort and Spa Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.