My wife and I travel a lot. We have four kids. When we travel without the kids, we do like to stay in nicest places possible. This place is incredible. The jungle/mountains literally begin 10 feet behind the place, then this incredible well laid out resort is tucked just behind a white sand beach (most beaches in Mexico are golden/brown--this is white and nice).
I own my own business and we are very sucessful due to the attention to detail and friendliness of the staff. People come to my business and we make them feel good. So, by my first day at Garza Blanca, I realized how many 100 other things I get to bring back and speak with my already wonderful staff of how we can even improve---that is how great and accomodating this staff is.
I read a comment below where someone said it was almost "eery/spooky" that if you mentioned "one thing that you needed, or could be better", that someone popped right up and was there to serve you. I do not consider that "spooky". I consider that TOP NOTCH service. The Staff's main focus is accomodating you!! For some people, if you are not used to this type of service, it may seem "overboard". For me, a guy that runs his own business with many employee's, and is raising a family of 4 wonderful children---that is exactly what I like when I want to go on a fun and relaxing vacation--I should stress "relaxing" because that is what this place is about. And, hopefully this helps--I am only in my thirties (late thirties). I am not an "oldtimer". Everything is brand new and perfect--I really mean that too. So spacious. And the Food---I can not believe some of the comments below. I've been on top notch cruises and I know what "all inclusive/buffet" type food is. This is not it at all. We always go to 5-star resterauntes, and my wife and I both agreed that the food both by the pool and the most incredible blanca blue resteraunte could serve the best food we've ever had--the food is one of the things that makes this place--besides the scenery, the staff, the rooms--really, this place couldn't be more perfect. We like it soo much that when we go back to the states, we are thinking about bringing our 4 kids with us (10-15 years old) so they can experience something this nice just once--i know it will be pricey to bring an entire family, but I really feel bad being somewhere so nice and tropical (like from a movie with the jungle and beach and everything) without them :( Make sure you get the all-Inclusive. That way you can enjoy so much (room service, both resterauntes, drinks, food) without having to constantly worry about the costs--just get it out of the way upfront--trust me, it makes it 100x more relaxing. Also, downtown Vallarta is like no other mexican city. It's so fun and nice, and soo much to see and do. It's not touristy--it keeps it's Mexican charm with the cobblestone streets, but there is shop after shop after shop. All the cafe's and resterauntes along the beach, all the shops nesteled right at the foot of the mountains, but just blocks before the beach--it couldn't be scripted any better and I mean that.
Oh yeah, it doesn't hurt either that we came in January. 82 and sunny everyday, and 65 and somewhat cool every night--PERFECT! I hear it does get pretty hot and humid here in the summer months.
- Also Known As:
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort And Spa
- Garza Blanca Preserve Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacularly flanked by the vibrant blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the verdanant tropical forests of the Sierra Madre mountains, Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa nestles gracefully just minutes south of historic Puerto Vallarta, one of Mexico’s most dynamic and sophisticated vacation destinations.All Suites feature in-style decor that include marble floors, granite countertops, private terraces, whirlpool tubs and artisan in room amenities.Our ultra-chic gourmet restaurant is one of Puerto Vallarta’s most sophisticated and premier dining options, catering breathtaking ocean views, a stylish lounge, a 230 label award-winning wine cellar, and a selection of unique contemporary dishes tailored to scintillate your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Venere, Expedia, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.