I go to Puerto Vallarta every year and I have a few favorite places I usually stay but I am always looking for new places based on price and location for future vacations. I have been wanting to try Posada Roger (because of it's location) for a couple of years and I was lucky that this trip gave me a chance to try it my first night while waiting to check in to my timeshare resort the next day.
I was disappointed. I expected "quaint". I got old. There is a difference. The room was just too run down and small. The manager came in the evening and told us our TV was too loud when I could hardly hear it. The 15" TV was placed in a cavity in the upper right corner of the room and I just couldn't hardly hear it. And my hearing is perfect by the way. The beds are just old and it is obvious that there is not much done in the way of maintenance. The A/C did not keep the room anywhere near cool enough.
The Positive: The front desk staff were extremely friendly at check in and check out. When you walk in you will think that is is a beautiful, quaint, little old hotel and the Mexican decor is pretty. I like the small pool and pool area.
I would stay here again if I were traveling alone, looking for an extreme bargain, and the price was right. The reason I say that is because the location is PERFECT. It is right in the middle of the absolute BEST part of Puerto Vallarta. The location is OUTSTANDING.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Roger Puerto Vallarta
- Posada Roger Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a real Mexican-style hotel in downtown Puerto Vallarta, surrounded by beautiful gardens and authentic Mexican architecture. Our personalized service, always cordial and efficient, assures that you will return home with a smile on your face!We are located one block from the main beach in old town, 2 minutes walk to the malecon ‘the sea walk’, and 20 minutes to the International Airport.We are very close to shopping areas, markets, internet cafes, as well as to other services to make your vacations simply perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Posada de Roger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.