We just got back after staying 14 days at Club Med Cancun. This was my first time staying at a Club Med and I can't praise it highly enough. We've stayed in more luxurious properties but haven't had nearly as much fun.
I think the best part of this resort has to be the GO's. They work so hard entertaining all day long - from activities during the day to the shows in the evening. The Mini Club staff (especially Rachel, Lloyd and Allyn) made sure my little guy was happy as could be. He didn't want to leave! The Car Wash staff was great too (Sol and Hannah). Eduardo and Zani (management) always seemed to be around to chat with guests, making sure their stay was enjoyable. Other notable GO's were Natalie, Javi, Luis and Rafael.
For a family of 4, the connecting rooms were ideal. It was nice having the extra space and a 2nd washroom. They weren't the most luxurious accommodations, but considering you're rarely in your room anyway, nice enough. Cleaning staff kept everything very clean. Just wish they would mop the balconies more often. They got very slippery after spraying sunscreen out there.
Food was great. Lots of variety and changing menus. Lunch at Las Cazuelas was a nice way to spend part of your afternoon. Great view and loved the chopped salad. The bar at the main lounge was a great spot to have a drink at the end of the day. The bartenders were great and Carlos was especially kind to my son when ordering his many smoothies. My only complaint would be that sometimes they were a bit short staffed during busy times.
We had a great time and really miss our favorite GO's. Hopefully we'll see them when we return next year.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Cancun Yucatan Hotel
- Club Med Cancun Yucatan Hotel Cancun
- Club Med Cancun
- Club Med
- Cancun Club Med
- Club Med Cancun Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the wonders of Mexico in this environmentally friendly all-inclusive family resort nestled on a pristine stretch of world-famous Mayan Riviera beach. Travel to Club Med Cancun Yucatan with your family to enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst the sumptuous amenities, natural beauty and a relaxing atmosphere that make this unique family resort as breathtaking as it is adventurous. Uncover a fresh perspective on the charm of the Mexican culture and experience a vacation filled with enhancements for the entire family. There's so much about this newly redesigned resort that will touch your family for years to come: refined accommodations, excursions* to Mayan archeological sites, a new Club Med Spa by Comfort Zone*, 3 restaurants including 1 fine Mexican dining venue and 1 serving worldwide specialties, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Club Med Cancun Yucatan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.