First Impressions when we drove up: Very beautiful drive with fountains and lovely landscape. Friendly doorman greeted us at the door and asked for our names so the check-in process would be quick. Another gentleman personally walked us to the front desk.
Check in: No problems at all. Fast and courteous. We were greeted at the front desk by Israel, a quiet yet polite young man. He informed us that we were upgraded from the Oasis Palm to the Grand Oasis. We easily found our way to the room on our own.
First Impressions of the room: Spacious and clean. Large closets with plenty of hangars. Two double beds pushed together plus a concrete daybed with lots of cushions and a firm mattress. Plenty of lights and a wall to wall window that gave lots of natural light. Two chairs around a glass table in the corner. Bathroom was roomy with double sinks, large mirror, soaker tub and shower.
Pool Areas: We used the round-curvy pool at the Oasis Palm as the rectangular pool by the Oasis Grand was off-limits to us. (The upgrade we got was room only...all other amenities for the Grand Oasis were not included with the upgrade.) There were three main parts to the pool; adult area by the wet bar at one end, kids area in the center where there were stairs and a shallow place to play, and a quiet area at the other end. The pool and area was cleaned every morning.
Bars and snacks: There was a bar just steps away from the kids pool area. We were all served in a polite, friendly, timely manner. Even the kids were given what they asked for; they wanted different drinks each time, and Itzel knew how to make just the right drinks for the kids to try. I would approach the bar and the bartender knew just what I wanted. Now, that's service! There would often be a line-up, but that's to be expected.
Another bar located closer to the adult end of the pool also served snacks. We usually waited 15 minutes to get our food. The service seemed slow. They served mozza sticks, fries, burgers, hotdogs, onion rings, guacamole, and sometimes chicken.
There were two stands located by the pool and they served Ice cream and burgers/hot dogs. The ice cream servings were very small, but a person could have as many as they liked.
A taco stand was located by the pool area and was fantastic. The server would warm the tortillas on the spot and the choice of meat was beef, pork, chicken and red sausage. Toppings included a green sauce, hot red sauce, onions and cilantro, and lime.
Buffets: We only tried the buffet restaurants and it suited our family of 5 just fine. There was an Italian buffet and a Mexican buffet. We liked the Mexican buffet the best. We loved the food and had no complaints whatsoever. There was something for everyone and none of us went hungry.
Service: A smile and friendly hello goes a long way, as well as being gracious to others. We were treated kindly and courteously the whole time. The wait staff was attentive and was mostly aware of plates that needed clearing and drinks that needed refilling. Some servers were better than others.
Kids Club: We were impressed. Our kids ages 11, 9, and 5 attended almost every day and loved it. It was modern and clean and had all the things a kid would enjoy. The women taking care of the kids were friendly, attentive, and I trusted them completely. The reception area was bright and friendly. Stairs lead down to the kids area which consisted of: media room with 7 screens and gaming systems(must be age 7 and up to participate in screens), large craft room with books and toys, disco and movie theater room(every night at 6:30 was movie time), cafeteria, pool area with two water slides and shallow water(swim times 12 to 1 and 4 to 5), playground, and lastly an outdoor amphitheater. Everything was scheduled by the hour. They opened at 10am and went until 5pm and resumed at 6:30pm until 10pm. The crafts were quite detailed...bookmarks that were laminated after the kids coloured them, pinatas decorated with tissue paper, beach hats that were personalized.
Water: The water was very good to drink. We used up the water bottle that we got in our room every day and just drank water in a glass at meal times.
Towels: hang on to your towels and towel cards. They don't like to replace lost or missing towels.
Our stay at the Grand Oasis was excellent and enjoyable. We would recommend the hotel to people traveling with children. There were many families at the resort and we met some amazing people there and wouldn't have had it any other way!
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Palm Hotel Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach
- Oasis Palm Beach Hotel Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach Resort
- Oasis Palm Beach Hotel
- Oasis Palm Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach Resort Cancun
- Calinda Beach Cancun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oasis Loves Happines, Are U Ready? Oasis Palm, the Mexican Resort~ An all-Inclusive Family Resort surrounded by a true Mexican ambiance in the Caribbean.This is a magnificent beachfront resort where ample spaces of relaxation and diversion will provide maximum enjoyment for a family vacation to remember. Focusing on the family adventure, this resort offers rooms for up to five passengers. The stellar “Kids Club” offers a secure environment for the children with a fully supervised staff and numerous activity rooms, the kids own pool with water slides, restaurant, email access, rest areas, overnight camp, amphitheater, all age groups have many choices of activities. An expansive serpentine pool winds through the property and magnifies the white sandy beach and calm stretch of Caribbean Sea that meets the resort. Enjoy the wonderful climate of the Mexican Caribbean from the pool, the beach or your favorite terrace. A sample of the different culinary options our restaurants offer will provide insight to new flavors, from Asian Fusion and Sushi to traditional Mexican food. Exotic drinks or your favorite cocktail will be available at any of our fine bars located in the pool, by the beach or even in the Sports Bar where there is always a game.All- Inclusive Facilities include 6 Restaurants, 8 Bars, 1 Pool, Spa ($), Fitness Center, Multi use Sports Court, Kids Club, Entertainment, Night Club, Smart Car ($) and shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Oasis Palm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.