We travel at least once a year, and this place was nice...We had 1100 block and were on third floor. The buffet was quite nice, found something at ervery meal, staff was very polite and did a great job. But we do tip a dollar or two at most meals and try to spread the money around they all deserve a little. I do wish they would only book alacarts daily instead of letting you book them all at once for the whole week. Did not matter food was great in buffet restaurant. The only issue being guest kept putting bagels in toaster and it got jammed everyday, kind of funny they would do it over and over,LOL. who needs toast everyday anyway, I survived quite well without it.
Reyna was our maid and she was awesome, left a dollar a day and some chocolate or candy...At the end lelt a gift bag of assorted items and five dollars. The pool entertainment and evening entertainment were a little slow, but the music was good in disco at night. All day in sun to tired to play late at night.
We took Chechenitza tour, my oh my 17 hour day. way to long for me, also a little dissapointing as Lara from Nolitours was not honest enough to tell us about the real length of tour, honesty is always appreciated, also the flea market atmosphere and begging children all inside and around this wonder of the world was sad. I wanted to experience the atmosphere,did not happen,,,but the jeep tour around Cozumel was awesome,,best day there,, the ruins are not so spendid but you get to experience them in peace and you feel in awe of this place.
All in all it was good, avoid the office beyond check in as they will suck you in to take a tour for cheep day trips, only 10.00 difference than booking with Nolitours, Sunwing, etc...but you won't lose three hours of your day and find out you can upgrade to Royal Club for $55.00 daily or buy timeshare at a low minium cost of $37,000.00 Minimum. LOL not kidding.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Grand Cozumel Hotel
- Occidental Grand Hotel Cozumel
- Cozumel Occidental Grand
- Occidental Cozumel
- Grand Cozumel
- Grand Occidental Cozumel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only the Caribbean’s most famous reef system could match the beauty and splendor of the Occidental Grand Cozumel, which is exactly why the two exist side-by-side. Located on Cozumel’s gorgeous San Francisco beach, just above the bottomless blue paradise of the Palancar Reef system, you’ll find an authentic-style state that delivers all the luxuries of a private oceanside hacienda. Gourmet dining, bright and airy rooms, nightly music and entertainment, daily sports and beach activities and an on-site spa and salon make the Occidental grand Cozumel the jewel of any Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Amex, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Occidental Grand Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.