This is the third time my wife and I have vacationed at a Karisma resort including El Dorado Royale, El Dorado Casitas Royale and now El Dorado Maroma. Once again our vacation was exceptional!! We spent two weeks at EDM in February and enjoyed every moment. EDM is the smallest resort we have ever stayed at so it did take some getting used to having stayed in the past at much larger resorts. The food and the service lived up to the "Gourmet Inclusive" billing that Karisma uses to describe their resorts. All dinners are off the menu and offer a wide range of selections sure to please all. There are 4 different dinner restaurants as the resort had just opened a steak house prior to our arrival. This was the only restaurant we did not attend but the Sushi restaurant and Italian were incredible. The service on the beach was amazing.
Due to the small size of the resort you are waited on all day on the beach and the servers make the effort to ensure you can always get any drink want anytime! As a result it is nice to know that the bathrooms or your room is always only a couple minute walk away!!
The resort is immediately beside a marina which works out perfectly for any excursions you may want to pursue on the water. We took the opportunity to go on a Jet Ski / Snorkelling trip and it was excellent. We simply walked next door to the Marina paid the tour operator and we were onto the Jet Ski's for 2 hours! No buses, No shuttles!
If you have not been to Maroma Beach in Mexico you MUST check it out! Having been to Varadero and Punta Cana (Both of which have beautiful beaches) I would select this over both! The sand is like icing sugar and soft enough to walk without shoes for a couple km up the beach!
The staff at the resort are excellent and ensured we were enjoying every day of our two week holiday.
We paid for the infinity pool suite which was very nice but we did not find we used it as much as we had hoped due to the fact that the ocean view was obstructed by the large palm trees. If you get the Infinity pool suite ensure you request the 3rd or 4th floor. The suites are very nice and I would recommend them above the Hotelito rooms as they provide much more privacy as the Hotelito rooms are right on a small pool and the pool bar which can get quite busy in the evenings with all the dinner traffic.
The lone complaint we had with the resort was regarding the set up for breakfast. This is minor as the food was excellent but the restaurant was in an amazing location right on the water with some outdoor seating. Unfortunately the inside of the restaurant is relatively small and this is the lone meal that is buffet style. The area of the Buffet is very small and is somewhat difficult to access most of the fruit bar as a result.
As you can see this is a minor complaint and it is the only thing I can come up with. Overall Mexico knows what they are doing with tourism but I must say Karisma is an outstanding chain!
We cant wait to go back!!
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Hotel
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- El Dorado Maroma Hotel
- El Dorado Maroma Resort
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of Travel Channels Top Ten Beaches in the World, El Dorado Maroma is an upscale, exclusive Caribbean resort for romantic couples and active vacationers alike. Intimate and beachfront. Rustic and luxurious at the same time. the hotel provides outstanding services and gourmet cuisine. Receive personalized butler and concierge service, arrive with style with a champagne check in. It is rustic, because it is not pretentious and was built using traditional materials and with the philosophy of embracing the bounty of the nature and the local environment. It lies directly on the beach of Maroma, considered to be one of the best beaches in the world by independent reviewers, including the Discovery Channel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.