We just returned from our 3rd visit to the RH and we WILL be returning again. This resort really knows how to take care of hard working vacationers looking to relax. You want for nothing. The food while not spectacular is every bit of excellent; all the meals are finely prepared, with plenty of choices and without limitation.
The staff at the RH is dedicated to making sure your vacation goes seamlessly. The service is excellent and everyone is very attentive. We want to give a special shout out to Roger – our concierge, for not only remembering us but for remembering where we like to eat. Our reservations were made before we checked in. Also, to Veronica – the Hostess at Spices, there is no brighter smile to greet us in the morning. To Ismeal our waiter at The Grill, he couldn’t have been more attentive and kind. To Enrique – at the pool, it was his 3rd day on the job and he fit right in. We wish him nothing but great success in this new endeavor. All the staff work incredibly hard and the management needs to get credit for attending to every little detail. It amazes us every time we go that people who can afford this type of resort cannot find it in their heart to tip these hard working people. We see several people do it but most people don’t. It’s pretty sad.
Our one small pet peeve keeping the RH inches from perfection is their sub-par gym. They were redoing the facility when we there, so there’s hope. Come on guys, you’re so great at everything, get a few more elliptical machines in there.
All in all a fantastic trip.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Occidental Hotel
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inlcusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.