Hola Fellow Travelers!
I read glowing reviews about the Acuario in Frommer's Guide and decided to stay there... However, we had problems from the start :) When trying to book by phone, my Mexican friend phoned first and was told that she couldn't make a reservation and that the price would be 700 pesos per night (?). I phoned right back, asked to speak to someone in English and was quoted 600 pesos per night and was able to reserve a bungalow.
So, we arrive and find the bungalow is a bit substandard... you will need the mosquito netting (supplied) as there are no screens on the louvered windows, etc. The bathroom was dirty and in need of repairs the room was dingy and old but worst of all, the beds were rock hard (junk). If you plan on drinking your holiday away then I suppose the aesthetics (lack of), won't bother you... Oh, and the claimed "gym" is very run down and the best quality about it was the full length mirrors where wanna be Arnie's could pose to their teeny hearts' content :) Finally (since I'm on a roll), the desk clerk, upon check-in, offered us discount coupons (25% off) for the restaurant next door). We went there for supper, showed the coupons ahead of ordering, ate the meal and when it was time to pay, quess what? The coupons weren't honoured. Apparently they had told the hotel to stop giving them out (a week earlier). When we asked the clerk at the hotel what was going on he responded with "why yes, they aren't good anymore, who gave them to you?"... (he had of course, dufus!).
After one night in surfer hell, we walked down the street to the Chez Ines which, for an additional 100 pesos per night, was far superior in all regards and is were I will stay upon my return.
- Also Known As:
- Bungalows Santa Cruz Hotel
- Bungalows Santa Cruz Hotel Puerto Escondido
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bungalows Santa Cruz is composed mainly of 2 Mexican style buildings, conveniently located in front of two beautiful beaches, Marino & Zicatela, the hotel offers 20 comfortable and spacious bungalows, decorated with a contemporary Mexican style that provides a warm and cozy atmosphere, these rooms have an independent bedroom with 2 double beds and 2 sofa beds in the living room, the room facilities include: Dining room, equipped kitchenette, cable tv, safe security box, wireless internet, the swimming pool and kids pool allow the visitors to relax while they enjoy the most beautiful sunsets of the Mexican Pacific. The hotel is located just 5 minutes away from The International Airport of Puerto Escondido and 3 minutes from Downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, MexVax and Tingo so you can book your Bungalows Santa Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.