Stayed at the Barcelo Beach in 2007 and after staying at other hotels in the area we returned as it was the best resort complex compared. This time we chose to upgrade to the Barcelo Tropical. There were so many highlights I will try to get to the point. Yes - the beds are hard. Yes - the Barcelo puts a lot of effort into maintaining the property and it shows. The staff are amazing and if you are pleasant and courteous they will do lots of extras (example: Seafood restaurant - did not order the soup and asked if we could try another appy - our waiter happily obliged)!! There are lots of comments on the food - yes - similar fare is sometimes served at the Buffets. You are the master of your plate - be creative. If you dined for 7 meals in a row at your local buffet you would see the same food too!!! For lunch one day I took the french fries (delicious) added chilli, cheese, salsa and guacamole on top for a delicious treat. They really try and there are lots of food options (vegetarian/ fish/ kids choices). My fav start of the day was breakfast fruit blends with flax seeds (brought from home) and yoghurt - they do not always from all the fruit you might want at the station - so stop at the buffet and get what you want. Yes - the pool bar drinks seem a little weak but the grills beside are "serve yourself". If you don't like small cups - bring your own - if you don't want to wash them buy some "solo" cups.
There are wonderful shows each night at all three theatres (make sure you check all of them out so that you are guaranteed the best show). The show performers travel between the theatres and some shows are better than others. Make sure you check out the dock - the fish love bananas and if you grab a bread roll from the buffet and let it dry in your room overnight it will float on the surface while they nibble at it. In the evenings and early mornings the rays arrive and depart - also saw barracuda at this time too from the wharf.
If you chose the Barcelo complex I hope you have a great vacation too!!!! PS - there is nothing like being able to snorkel with fish right off the resort. Also recommend "water socks" if you want to explore the coral areas when the tides go out. The resort sells them for $35 US and your local Walmart $9 (canadian).
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Hotel
- Barcelo Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Beach
- Barcelo Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Barcelo Maya Tropical Riviera Maya/Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Barcelo Maya Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.