First the negative
When I checked in I was asked for my credit card....the norm, but then the front desk lady explained that she needed to pre authorize it and then have me sign the pre auth slip so she could make sure the credit card was mine?? Never been asked that before...didn't realize I looked so shady, lol! If she had any doubts she should have kept them to herself or asked for my drivers lic.
We are a big family (two adults and three children) so I booked a "Family Suite" I was expecting just that...a suite, but it was just a double room with a small bar sink and fridge and a microwave!!
I went down to the front desk to see if there was a mistake, there wasn't...but I upgraded to a deluxe family suite ($10.00 more) and didn't expect too much...I wasn't dissapointed...a bigger room with a sofabed , small bar sink and fridge and a microwave.
I guess I expected two rooms...you know a suite..with privacy for the adults...oh well!
Now the good.....
The room was clean, the hotel quiet and the waterslide was great for the kids. They spent a lot of time there and enjoyed it. Good for expending that extra energy.
Breakfast in the am was excellent, big selection of goodies and healthy stuff as well. Breakfast room was large and clean and we didn't have a problem finding space. It was free, that made it even better!!
I would stay there again, given all the plus' but I wish they would have been more honest about the suite thing...that is what made me book the room in the first place.
7/10 is my rating
- Also Known As:
- Service Plus Inn And Suites Grande Prairie
- Service Plus Inn & Suites Grande Prairie Hotel Grande Prairie
- Service Plus Inn & Suites Grande Prairie Hotel
- Service Plus Inn & Suites Grande Prairie Alberta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms in our facility offer queen or king size beds, in room coffee, mini-fridges, microwaves, hair dryers, bath robes, iron and ironing board, desk, voice mail, and free local calls. Complimentary hot breakfast, featuring hot items such as Bacon, Eggs, & Sausage, available to all guests. Our exercise room overlooks the water park complete with a 210 ft waterslide and steaming hot tub. Adjacent to the hotel is the Great Northern Casino with full gaming, entertainment and lounge facilities and Grande Bingo Centre just across the street. Also adjacent to the hotel is the Lion's Den Pub and a restaurant called Jake's for all your dining services.We are easily accessible from the airport and Highway 43 and are conveniently located near the Grande Prairie Regional College and Gateway Shopping Development ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Service Plus Inn & Suites Grande Prairie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.