When you look at taking a vacation you naturally want to stay at the top ranked place, so when a week came up for exchange, and after we saw the reviews on Trip Advisor, we jumped at the opportunity to stay here. It pains me to say that our week here has been down right awful. We called a week ahead of time to request a quiet room, we didn't ask for a corner room on the top floor, just a quiet room. So where did they stick us? Right over the hot tub on the fourth floor on the side of the hotel with the waterslide (read: lots of kids). I hate, hate, hate it when a hotel is built around its pools, and this one is. Pools should be seperate from living areas so guests are not annoyed by the noise. The pools here are front and center. When we brought our room issue to the attention of the hotel attendant she verified that, yes, our reservation did show our request for a quiet room, and, no, she doesn't know why we were put in the room we were put in (464 A&B). And of course, when we asked if there was any other rooms available we were given one option, another room on the other side of the hotel which was, naturally, right above the other pool and facing the street. No thanks.
It has been constant noise from the second we got here. As others have noted there is no air conditioning in the rooms so to get any fresh air in you have to open up the windows and use the fans to blow air in. Of course with the windows open the noise from the pool ,and then later, the noise from the hot tub, come funneling right into your room. It's nice that they turn the waterslide off at 8pm because it sends many of the kids back to their rooms. But it in no way makes it quiet outside. The hot tub is then occupied by kids and adults alike until 11pm. Actually, we've had to call the front desk on four of the six nights we've been here to have them clear the hot tub out after 11pm. Last night there was 25 people in the hot tub, drinking and being very loud, until 11:30pm. It was only after two calls from us and apparently calls from other guests (the attendant let on to this fact) that the noise was finally quieted down, which then allowed us to finally go to sleep some time after midnight.
The time we went to bed wouldn't be a problem if the floors in this place were built better. When the elephants above us walk it actually shakes you where you sit, I kid you not. You will be sitting in the living room area on the couch, the person above you will walk across their floor and it shakes your floor. This of course, is great at 6 am, when the elephants decide to get up and graze about...you know...move furniture and the like. It's also really neat to hear them jump on the beds, carry on conversations, and have sexual relations (yes, it's great to be privy to all this noise, and I mean all this noise, at 12:30 am)
When I walk outside down the middle of the hotel through the courtyard, it's like being in another world. It's so quiet that it doesn't seem like the courtyard side could be part of the same property, but alas, it is, and I'm frusterated to think what our vacation would have been like had our simple request of a "quiet room" been granted. I cannot recommend this place to anyone, nor will we ever come back here. It's a shame because the beds are actually quite comfortable, the kitchen is well appointed, the bedrooms are large, the jet tubs are nice (if not a bit old and yellowed), the underground parking is nice, the free buses are nice, the exercise room is nice, and the location of the hotel itself is central.
But the fact remains, our vacation has been such a noisy headache that we were looking at leaving three days early and flying home. If it weren't for the exorbitant fees involved in changing a plane ticket we would be home by now catching up on our much needed sleep. As it is we're stuck here for two more nights being held hostage by the pool noise, then hot tub noise, then the elephants above us.
Find somewhere else to stay, somewhere where they'll accomodate your simple request for a quiet room.
As for recreation (which has nothing to do with this hotel) we did the Ecotrek Zipline tour and the Wild Play ropes course, both of which were a lot of fun.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Whistler Hotel Whistler
- Club Intrawest - Whistler Hotel
- Club Intrawest Whistler
- Club Intrawest - Whistler
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-class mountain resortClub Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. Just a short walk from the slopes of Blackcomb Mountain, Club Intrawest – Whistler features beautifully appointed mountain lodge style Vacation Homes. Full kitchens, oversized balconies, in-room washer/dryer, Jacuzzi tubs and complimentary wireless internet access are just the beginning. Enjoy a family pool environment, an adult pool environment, eucalyptus steam room, BBQ areas, private movie theatre, games room, fitness center and more. Venture out and Whistler/Blackcomb is right at your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Club Intrawest - Whistler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.