Room smelled a bit musty upon arrival. No wall thermostat for the noisy heating/air unit.
Only 1 spare electrical outlet between the beds (built into a lamp base) and one other by the desk. In this electronic age, more would be appreciated. DollarStore can fix that, Comfort Inn.
Lots of noise in adjacent room + parking lot around 5 a.m. woke us up, which continued until we left. Doesn't seem to be any sound insulation between rooms. I suppose an "economy" motel tends to get customers who are a bit noisier than one down the road that costs another $20/night. So, pay more, get more. Your choice.
Our room was non-smoking but we could smell cigarette smoke around 7:30 a.m. Adjacent room again, perhaps ?
Continental breakfast had just about everything you might want. No place to sit and eat but we wanted to return to room to eat bkfst. anyway so no big deal.
Our bottom line: We can afford an extra $20 for something more modern & with fewer chances for surprises a bit further down the road. If you're pinching pennies, try the Comfort Inn out. Might be all you need.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn - Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Comfort Inn - Sydney Hotel
- Sydney Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Sydney Nova Scotia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn® Sydney is located on the shore of beautiful Sydney Harbour, minutes from downtown and close to local entertainment centres, including Casino Nova Scotia, the Centre 200 arena, and the Sydney Curling Club. The many attractions of Cape Breton are well within reach. The hotel's location is perfect for a day trip to Fortress of Louisburg National Historic Park, Ben Eoin Beach and the Cabot Trail, offering world-class hiking. All guest rooms at this Sydney hotel come complete with 32" flat screen TVs, voice mail, coffee makers, ironing equipment and hair dryers. Handicap accessible and non-smoking rooms are available. Business travellers are welcome to take advantage of our complimentary fax/photocopy services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.