Stayed one night at this hotel as a tourist in Ottawa (my stay was limited to check-in, parking, sleeping, morning shower, breakfast buffet, and check-out).
- Check-in was fairly quick (no one was in front of me). Service was polite.
- Parking is $20 for over night (undgerground with in/out privilages)...no valet.
- Room ("premier suite") was clean (sheets/floor/appearance); good size unit with a walk-out balcony (beautiful view North/West of the canal). The room is a bit dated in terms of appearance. This includes the art/decor, TV, and lighting but nothing that would be an issue to not go back in the future.
- The large bathroom was not exactly new (most likely circa 1995) and the water pressure is medium to low (as are most hotels) in the bathtub/shower. But again, nothing wrong with the bathroom in general.
- The breakfast buffet was well worth the $15 as it had lots of variety (berries/fruit/yogurt; cerals, pancakes, oatmeal; eggs - scrambled/boilled; sausage/bacon; assorted baked goods with cheeses & cold cuts...free coffee/tea & juice included)
We didn't use the pool as it was filled with lots of kids, but it was a decent size and had towel service, etc. provided.
It was a pleasant stay overall. Very clean premisis all around and friendly staff. I even observed an annoying guest in the check-out line freaking out over how long he was waiting (which was only 3mins) and the receptionist kept her composure and smiled the whole time. Will definitely return to this hotel.
Premium Suite (North/West exposure (9th floor if you can get it)
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
10 May 2012
Thank you for your very thorough review of The National Hotel and Suites Ottawa. We’re glad you found the suite a good size and enjoyed the beautiful view of our nation’s capital. Our Team will appreciate your kind comments as they pride themselves on offering warm and friendly service to all of our guests. Thank you also for mentioning the excellent value the breakfast buffet at Mystique Café offers. We are pleased to welcome families, who enjoy the size of our suites and facilities like the indoor pool and waterslide. However, the majority of clients throughout the week are business travelers. We strive to exceed all of our guest’s expectations, and are happy that you have indicated you will return.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC