Now that my daughter is attending university in Peterborough, we have stayed at this hotel three different times. The good thing about it is that it has a cool pool that is both indoor and outdoor. That's what attracted us to the hotel. The first two times we stayed there, we were awakened by noisy people at 2 or three in the morning. Once it was kids running up and down the hall. Once it was people out on the balcony yelling till well after 3 in the morning. The third time, both those things happened and to add insult to injury, the hot tub was closed on Saturday evening "until next week". Every time we've been there, there've been a lot of (drunk?) disorderly people around the pool area and it's very crowded. At $168 a room, including tax, we've given up. To be fair, in each instance, the hotel staff appeared to do their best to address the issues, but either they're not very affective, or it's a chronic collection of issues and situations that can't be addressed. A much better deal is the Best Western Otonobee Inn - less than $100 a night and includes a free breakfast, lovely rooms, complete with pull out couches, friendly staff, and QUIET nights. NEVER will I stay at Peterborough Holiday Inn again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Peterborough Hotel
- Holiday Inn Peterborough Hotel Peterborough
- Holiday Inn Peterborough Ontario
- Peterborough Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Friendliest Service Among Peterborough, Ontario Hotels Located In the heart of the Kawarthas, the Holiday Inn Hotel Peterborough Waterfront is ideally situated along the Trent Severn Waterway in the downtown business and shopping district with 60 restaurants within walking distance. Our hotel's central location puts you near the world's highest hydraulic lift lock and Canada's only Canoe Museum, 1.5 km from our hotel. Peterborough hosts numerous festivals throughout the year, such as summer's Festival of Lights and is home to popular arts facilities, like Showplace Performance Centre. You'll also find some of the best shopping opportunities in downtown Peterborough. Lodging here puts business travelers near GE Canada, Siemens, Pepsi-QTG, De Laval, Ministry of Natural Resources and other businesses in Peterborough. Our hotel's amenities include over 650 sq. m. of meeting space, catering services and a 24-hour Business Centre. From the indoor/outdoor pool and whirlpool to the kid's playroom and recreation room, our Peterborough hotel's amenities keep you entertained. Enjoy a meal at the Riverside Grill, visit the Fitness Centre and relax in a 100% nonsmoking guest room or suite featuring comfortable beds with triple-sheeted mattresses, work areas with free high-speed Internet access, a 32-inch LCD TV and more. We invite you to stay at our hotel in Peterborough, where the only thing we overlook is the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn Peterborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.