Let me first clarify the no air conditioning. We visited downtown Toronto early in May and the weather was turning warm and muggy with temps in the mid 20's. While the hotel does have air conditioning some Toronto by-law prevents them from using it between October 1 and May 31. So we had a hot, uncomfortable room at night but it was a political problem, not a hotel issue. Thanks Mayor Rob for a lousy sleep!!
The Hotel is well situated on the Northern edge of the University of Toronto (UofT) and within a 20-30 minute walk of the downtown core. While the hotel is getting old, the rooms were clean and bed was very comfortable to sleep in. A large desk (King room) was a treat and easily allowed us to use the laptop on with lots of room. An in-room fridge allows you to purchase and keep drinks nice and cold too. The room still had an old CRT television but it worked and that is what really counts!
We landed at Pearson International and meet our daughter who lead us to the hotel via transit. Not being a bus person, the trip was very easy: 1 bus from the airport to a junction and then the sub-way to the hotel. There is a subway stop (St. George) right around the corner and the whole trip there and back to the airport via subway was too too easy.
Bloor street has lots to offer so finding food, etc will not be a problem. There is a Tim Horton's and Starbucks one block away for better than room coffee and breakfast, if you're so inclined. The hotel was very quiet even with being on busy Bloor St. which was a nice treat.
Yes the hotel is pricey but you are in downtown Toronto and on the edge of the University of Toronto, so everything is very close. Using the subway from the airport and then just walking everywhere saved on a car rental and parking fees which does save a lot.
All in all this was a good trip and I will be staying here again on our next visit.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bloor Yorkville Hotel
- Holiday Inn Bloor Yorkville Hotel Toronto
- Midtown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Toronto
- Toronto Holiday Inn
- Journeys End Hotel
- Holiday Inn Bloor Yorkville Toronto, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fashionably located in Toronto's upscale Yorkville area, at the historic University of Toronto, our comfortable rooms, professional staff and superb surroundings make our downtown Toronto hotel an ideal choice for business or leisure. Enjoy walking the tree lined streets to the surrounding museums or use the adjacent subway stop (St. George) to whisk you to your business appointment. Our 209 well appointed rooms ensure that you are well rested to start your Toronto adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Venere, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Bloor Yorkville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.