We stayed in The Cosmopolitan because our nearby apartment is being renovated so we wanted a clean place to stay for the night. We chose it because we got a great deal via Jetsetter, $120 + $20 for the night for a Lotus room.
For that price, the room was great. It was set up like a tiny apartment, with living areas and sleeping separate, and a kitchenette plus laundry. The laundry was super convenient and it was nice to be able to make breakfast in the room. The kitchenette features a dishwasher and probably everything you'd need. The laundry machines washed and dried well and quickly--great for travellers as well.
The bathroom was not exactly a spa (pretty basic), but it was clean, bright and comfortable. The bed was also clean but I found it a little hard for my tastes and couldn't sleep. My husband was ok. It seems a bit smaller than a queen to me. The bedding was decent but it was super luxurious, like a W or something.
The living area was also nice. The TV was pretty crappy which we only noticed because we were too dead tired to go out.
We live in the neighborhood so obviously we love it. Check out the St. Lawrence Market, St. James Cathedral, "Old Toronto", the lakefront (now improving on the east side up to Sherbourne), and you're a short walk to the Eaton Centre, the subway and a million other things.
All in all, for $120, very good. I'd recommend for people on long trips especially. Again, it's not a super luxurious hotel, but it's clean and comfortable. (I do hope they get softer beds though).
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Toronto Hotel
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Toronto Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban oasis in the heart of Toronto's financial district, the Cosmopolitan Toronto Hotel & Spa is a leader in the newest trend in lifestyle hotels and is recognized for its exceptional design concept, service and ambiance. A stay at the Cosmopolitan is the ultimate in intimate, modern comfort. With only 5 suites per floor, the amenities are generous and include windows & balconies that open to spectacular views of the city and Lake Ontario, hardwood floors, full kitchens, washer/dryers, 32 inch flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel Toronto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.