Ok, the hotel is on a prime location, right in the heart of Old Quebec. Walking distance of historical sites, museums, restaurants and stores. The staff was very professional, helpful and kind.
The rooms are of a reasonable size. Not big, but not crampy. Beds are comfortable.
Some poits to improve in the rooms:
- Storage space. Very limited. i travelld with wife and 2 kids, and most of our clothes had to be kept in the luggage.
- Bathroom - No cabinets. So, basically, no space to store things too. This is really bad....
- Water. Twice, two days in a row, the water gor cold while someone was in the shower. I think this is highly undesireable for a Hotel of that level. A must to fix... To make matters a little more complicated, when I complained throu phone, the front desk said that "this is common if many people take showers in a row"...As said, on that level, this is not a thing to expect.
Regarding room service, unfortunately one of the days our bathroom was not completely cleaned. It took only a call to the front desk and the problem was solved, but again, a hotel that level this should not have happened.
Now some advices:
- Parking - Go directly to the Hotel de Ville parking, just across the street, WITH subterraneous access to the hotel Lobby. It is roughly half the price for what the hotel charges.
- Breakfast: Avoid the Hotel restaurant. Not that it is no good, but it is extremely overpriced. Even if you buy coupons on the day before (wich front desk failed to warn us the first day), You will do much better going to Paillard Boulangerie, wich is 5 minutes walk from the Hotel.
Thai is it. It was a good experience, but a few tweaks need fixing if I am to consider a second visit to Carendon.
Corner rooms have more light. The center rooms are a little dark.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
2 May 2012
Report response as inappropriate
The Clarendon has been recently taken over by a new management. I am in the process of reading and answering to every review.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed our fantastic location and obtained satisfaction with the services offered by the front desk staff.
We are currently collecting all information which can help us improve all of our facilities so that our guests can enjoy a memorable stay.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write in your comments.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC