We were pleasantly surprised here after reading all the bad reviews. We found the place to be very clean (but did note the antiseptic cleaning smell) which we alleviated by a scented candle. The service/staff were attentive to our needs, courteous, friendly and helpful with information. The beds were comfortable. We especially enjoyed the outdoor terrace off the bedroom for happy hours in the sun with a great view of the mountains. The location was excellent - 5 minute drive to the town of Canmore in one direction for restaurants and groceries and 5 minute drive to the Gate of Banff National Park in the other direction. In short the place fit our needs well, we were comfortable there and enjoyed our stay. Must admit we are not into doing spa treatments or laundry on this type vacation. We were there to experience the national parks and to enjoy the great scenery of the Canadian Rockies doing different day trips before going up to Jasper for a few more days and for our purposes this was a great place and fit our needs well.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau World Of Resort Banff Gate Mountain Hotel Canmore
- Chateau World Of Resort Banff Gate Mountain Hotel
- Chateau World Of Resort Banff Gate Mountain Lodge And Spa Canmore, Alberta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the captivating Mountain ranges that encompass Banff National Park, and seconds from the park gates, The Banff Gate Mountain Lodge and Spa is located in the quaint little hamlet of Harvie Heights - premier location for Alberta's golf, ski and spa destinations. From its serene setting nestled amid tall pines to the breathtaking mountain backdrop, the Lodge offers a signature combination of unspoiled natural beauty, distinct four-season climate, and convenient access year round. ... more less