We had a two night visit, the reception staff were very good and kept in touch to see if all was well. Room had a sitting room / kitchen with the beds in a loft area. We very much liked the sleeping area and the beds were very comfortable. A balcony gave views across to Quadra and much to see wildlife, we saw eagles and seals from the balcony alone. The breakfast had good choice but the eggs and sausage were a bit uninteresting. Minor issue really. The place comes across as a bit dated! The pool and tub were good to visit. We were a bit miffed on the second day, a Sunday as we were out all day but came back to a room untouched, later a towel change was made after we got back but the bins were left not cleared and the beds were down to us. We don't know if that is normal but that has not happened before. Visited the pub next door at Freddie's and had a good meal. It appears it was a bit quiet so on the Saturday closed at 9.30pm and on the Sunday it was closed before 8.30pm? Anyway, hotel nicely located and good views.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Austrian Chalet Hotel
- Best Western Plus Austrian Chalet Hotel Campbell River
- Best Western Campbell River
- Campbell River Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visitors to Campbell River Hotels are bound to be overjoyed for selecting the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austrian Chalet as the site of their next vacation or business trip. They will experience the outstanding quality standards recently confirmed by the hotel’s achievement of the Best Western Director’s Award which recognizes them as scoring in the top 20 percent of all 2400 North American properties. Guests will find the commitment of the BEST WESTERN PLUS Austrian Chalet to meet their needs unmatched by other Campbell River Hotels or elsewhere. Guests can sit back in their rooms, our garden area, or huddle near the fireplace in the lobby to relax. They are sure to enjoy a spectacular ocean view of Discovery Passage, Georgia Strait and the Pacific Ocean. Meanwhile, their hosts will be glad to fill them in on the many leisure time possibilities in or near Campbell River, BC. The seemingly endless list of recreational activities, includes golfing, salmon fishing, grizzly bear watching, kayaking, whale watching, skiing, mountain/rock climbing and horseback riding. Visitors can also enjoy our fitness facilities, pool, and hot tub or catch up on their favourite movies on our satellite televisions. Whatever accommodation they selected from the wide variety of loft rooms, suites, or kitchenettes, they will rest comfortably knowing that their friendly and knowledgeable staff is eager and ready to serve them to make their stay in their Campbell River Hotel a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Best Western, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Austrian Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.