We booked our stay here at the last minute, only one day before travelling. My fiance had been away with work so we thought we'd treat ourselves to a night away in Chester (which, by the way, is lovely),.
We arrived about 3pm and went to park the car, Unfortunately the car park was full, which was a bit inconvenient. Nevertheless, the car park entrance gave you instructions about where else to park and the hotel arranged it, although it was not free parking.
On check in there was a fairly big queue, and we did have to wait a while, but when a manager noticed this he radioed for additional staff and we were soon checked in.
The room was nice and clean, the bathroom clean. Everything you could need, like an iron and kettle, very happy.
The only meal we had in the hotel was breakfast on Sunday morning. It was a buffet style to which we were asked to help ourselves. I normally dislike this sort of thing, since the food is often left there a while to go dry. But here I noticed the staff refreshing the hot food two or three times in the short while I was there.
Staff were helpful and friendly, greeting you in corridors and gave us helpful directions.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chester Hotel Chester
- Crowne Plaza Chester Hotel
- Chester Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Chester, perfectly located on the edge of the city with panoramic views of the city and Welsh hills. The hotel is perfectly located for visiting all the historic sites of Chester, including the Roman walls, amphitheatre and Chester Cathedral. Renowned not only for its Roman heritage but also for its beautiful architecture, the shopping rows' many restaurants and inns are all just minutes from the hotel. With 160 bedrooms featuring stylish decor and amenities, with an option of upgrading to our club rooms, some with stunning views overlooking the famous Chester Racecourse and the Welsh hills. All bedrooms are fully air conditioned with elegant fabrics and furnishings creating a calm yet fresh environment. Crowne Plaza Chester is the number one choice in Chester whether you are here for business or pleasure. The hotel has a varied selection of conference and meeting rooms (11 in total) many with natural daylight, which can accommodate from 600 to as few as 4 guests. The Kings Suite interlinks to the Chester and Malpas Suite to give an ideal venue for exhibitions or large social events. Our dedicated conference team will ensure events run smoothly from the start. Our Club Moativation Health & Fitness Club including indoor heated pool, 24hr room service, onsite car parking and all areas of the hotel fully equipped with wireless internet makes us the perfect place to stay when visiting Chester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere and Orbitz so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.