As with all hotels there is always a balance between cost and quality. There are numerous Hiltons in London, some cheaper, but most are significantly more expensive than here.
I stay in London 2-3 nights a week on business and out of the Hilton's I have tried I have chosen this one as my regular hotel. I have stayed at six other hiltons in London this year. All of them on more than one occasion. There are positives and negatives about all of them. But this one is just about right for my needs.
I will start with the positives of this property:
Rooms.... As a HH diamond member I get a free upgrade to the next room type. The exec rooms are great and I have never had any issues with them. In the past I have had rooms facing the street. But I never found the traffic noise any issue.
Location..... Close to lots of restaurants. Short walking distance to 2 tube stations & on a number of bus routes. Very close to theatre land and walking distance into Covent Garden
Gym..... Although small, the gym caters perfectly for my needs. Its never busy unlike many other Hiltons in London I have stayed at and is open 24hrs a day
Price.... I normally pay a rate of £145. Which for this location is pretty good value for money if you compare it to other large chains in the area
Breakfast..... Standard Hilton Buffet. Something for everyone
Wifi..... It actually works well in the room. And been a HH diamond member its free
Service..... As this hotel is a small property compared to some of the hiltons in London, the service seems much more personal and real. I find some of the other hiltons that the staff go over the top to be nice and to me it seems so false. I find the staff here attentive and they have dealt with issues for me in a professional and pleasant manner.
Negatives about this property:
Exec Lounge.... I do sort of like this lounge, as its quiet. But the very limited selection of alcohol and no alcohol after 7pm is a bit of a downer for me compared to other properties. The breakfast in the lounge is small. But ok if you fancy a quick bite before work
Rooms pt2... I have stayed in some of the basic rooms. They are always clean and ok. Some of them are very small. But for me its just a place to get my head down, so not really a problem
I cant really think of any more negatives about this place. As you can see from what I have written above. I like this place and will be staying again. Next week actually...
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton London - West End Hotel
- Doubletree By Hilton London - West End Hotel London
- Park Inn London
- Park Inn Russell Square
- Bonnington Hotel London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton London – West End (WC1) formerly the Park Inn London Russell Square, is a newly-renovated four-star hotel in Bloomsbury near Russell Square. The hotel is a stone's throw from the British Museum and walking distance to top attractions such as Covent Garden, the West End and the shops on Oxford Street. The hotel features 215 fresh and modern guest rooms, recently refurbished to a superior four-star standard (including Standard, Deluxe and Executive rooms as well as Apartments). Wireless high-speed Internet access is available at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton London - West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.