The hotel was delightful; easy to find with good (but not cheap) parking just outside the London congestion zone. The room was very clean, new and well appointed and the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful other than one staff member at check in. Curiously we were told we could not check in without producing our US passports, which we secured in a safe at friend's house. Eventually the clerk relented, but only after much hesitation. Since when was a valid credit card not sufficient at an English hotel?
Otherwise we were well pleased with the hotel and the value for money there.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle Kensington Gardens London
- Thistle Kensington Gardens Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly refurbished modern hotel located on Bayswater Road with the tranquility of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens opposite, and within walking distance to Paddington, Oxford Street, Kensington, Notting Hill and Edgware Road, the hotel is ideally placed for business or leisure. Good transport links ensure that the city and theatres are also within very easy reach. All Deluxe and Executive bedrooms are located at the front of the hotel and have amazing views over Kensington Gardens and are available at a supplement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Otel, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Thistle Kensington Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.