We enjoyed our recent stay at the Holiday Inn Regent's Park. This was our second visit to this hotel.
The location is excellent -- very close to the Underground and Regent's Park and walking distance to Oxford Circus, Regent's Street, the British Museum, and Covent Garden, The hallways are a bit battered and the carpets in the corridors are stained: They definitely need a makeover, but don't let this scare you off. The room titself was clean though the bathroom was quite small. In general, it's a very nice hotel at a very reasonable price for central London.
On Sunday the breakfast room was crowded and there were long lines, but there were no problems the rest of our five-night stay. Breakfast was excellent. In addition to the hot and cold buffet, one can request cappucino, kippers, porridge, and kedgeree -- all were well prepared.
Our only complaints: not all the staff members were equally helpful. Our room was booked through British Airways and was for two adults and a child of 14. One does not want to be met upon arrival with the greeting: "Oh, you can't stay here! The rooms are for two people!". (Our stay had been booked months ahead and had been confirmed by the hotel!!!). This is not the way to greet customers who are checking into a hotel. Fortunately, the problem was sorted out -- but this staff member's attitude was all wrong. Another staff member thought that the cappucinos at breakfast cost extra (they didn't). The hotel should endeavor to inform their staff members better.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Regent`s Park Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London - Regent`s Park Hotel
- Holiday Inn London Park
- Holiday Inn London
- Regent London
- Holiday Inn Regents Park
- London Holiday Inn
- London Regent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn London Regent's Park hotel is ideally located near main attractions including Madame Tussauds and London Zoo, a short stroll to Lord's Cricket Ground, and the green open spaces of Regent's Park. We are also one of the most convenient central London Hotel's to Wembley Stadium via National Rail. The Holiday Inn is also very close to the famous shopping districts of Oxford Street and Regent Street. The hotel is easily accessible if travelling from Paddington, Euston or the Eurostar at Kings Cross St Pancras International Station. Leave your car in our NCP managed car park beneath the hotel as we are located just a 1 minute walk from the closest tube station which is Great Portland Street on the Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City Tube Lines. Also in very close proximity are the Victoria, Northern, Jubilee and Bakerloo Tube Lines. This makes exploring London's top attractions easy and convenient. Should you wish to enjoy comfort dining without leaving the hotel, our Junction Restaurant is a modern and contemporary eatery with both the individual traveller and families in mind. The Holiday Inn Regent's Park Junction Restaurant offers a wide range of menus, including an A la Carte and Table d’hote option as well as a pre theatre menu, and serves a variety of traditional and more international dishes. You will find a mouth-watering meal for every taste. The bar at London Regent's Park hotel has an extensive wine list and a full range of local, international beers and spirits which provides our guests with a great choice. Light meals and snacks are also served all day in the bar until 10.30 pm, and the bar is always open until late for guests staying in the hotel. All of the hotel's 332 rooms, made up of 264 Standard bedrooms and 68 Executive bedrooms which are allocated to our dedicated Executive floor, are double-glazed to help you enjoy a great night’s sleep. You will never be short of entertainment with our new state of the art TV system which has been installed throughout the hotel. The user-friendly interactive system gives access to the latest films before they are available on DVD/Blu-Ray and home Pay-TV. You can also enjoy 31 free-to air channels, 13 Radio stations as well as cartoons, favourite TV series, sit-coms and sports programs. For your central London accommodation whether it's for a short break, a long weekend or if you are in London for business, the Holiday Inn Regent's Park is a perfect place to stay. Our hotel is near the Eurostar International Terminal at Kings Cross St Pancras station - a major UK railway station located in Central London. St Pancras station has many facilities including shops, places to eat and drink and a daily farmers’ market. Hop on the Eurostar and enjoy a smooth comfortable journey to Paris, Brussels and Lille. It’s just an easy walk from the Regent's Park Hotel to London’s Theatres, including the London Palladium and Dominion, the shopping mecca of Oxford Street and Regent Street, and London's top attractions such as London Zoo, Madame Tussauds, London Eye, Buckingham Palace, the British War Museum and Hyde Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Regent's Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.