I've stayed in a few YHA hostels already so basically knew what to expect. However it was better than what I was thinking, we had quite a large double room with spaces for bags-which also included shower, toilet and sink. Just a warning about the rooms-don't touch the blinds! Ours went up fine but would not come down again, which did not help with the whole getting to sleep with the streetlights.
Other facilities were also excellent including a very well fitted self service kitchen or food storage, different seating areas around the hostel, reception staff were helpful, food served at breakfast was excellent although I would tell people that you pay a price, wait 10 mins and they bring it out. So you get served a kind of standard meal-so any allergies or diet needs and you won't get a chance to choose things unless you do it when you order!
Location is also excellent, within walking distance of everything we wanted which was great as no need to bother with local buses or trains.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Central Youth Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Central Youth Hotel
- Edinburgh Central Youth Hostel Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 5 star Youth Hostel is located in the heart of the city, just a few minutes walk from Princes Street and the Royal Mile. Our Youth Hostel is stylish, modern and well equipped to suit the needs of single travellers, families and larger groups. Bedrooms range from single and twin through to 8-bedded rooms and all are en-suite. A licensed cafe and restaurant and self-catering facilities are available, giving plenty of choice for any budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Edinburgh Central Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.