Our sons had given us a Christmas present of a night's Dinner, Bed & Breakfast at this 5 star hotel, part of the Relais Chateaux group. From arrival, we were cossetted by staff and the manager even apologised for not being there to welcome us when we arrived. Our huge bedroom had splendid views over the Ben Nevis range but the tops were obscured by low cloud. The room even had a laptop for us to use. We were asked to pre order our meal from an extensive menu and should someone have wanted an alternative, I am sure that this could have been provided.
Pre dinner drinks were served next to a very cosy fire (the whole hotel was lovely and warm) and a local girl played excellently right through the evening on the antique french piano- without once using music sheets. A trio of tasters were served with drinks (crab,tuna & sweetbread based) and set the tone for the whole wonderful dining experience.
The wine list was so comprehensive, that I took ages to make up my mind ( having had no problem rejecting the dearest red at £4800). The sommelier was not offputting about our choices at the bottom end of the price lists and this area had several recommended by Albert Roux.
Every course was perfectly presented and set off the taste buds. Wines were complementary to our food. The cheese board was properly presented and didn't reallly need the accompanying bread, chutney and biscuits.
There was no need to use any of the table condiments as everytrhing was seasoned perfectly.
Individual drinks are a bit steep e.g. £8+ for a bottle of specialist beer but we had a 15% discount card from the Inverlochy Club to offset this.
Breakfast was another pleasant experience as I had built up an appetite after walking in the grounds for nearly an hour. Of note was the eggs benedict whichmy wife loves and found to be excellent with an exceptional hollandaise sauce and I had the equivalent vegetarian version with mushroom,spinach & onions
We will be back once we've saved up from our pensions
- Also Known As:
- Inverlochy Castle Hotel
- Inverlochy Castle Hotel Fort William
- Inverlochy Castle Fort William, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Inverlochy Castle Hotel and Restaurant, Fort William, Scotland.Inverlochy is Scotland's finest luxury hotel and restaurant uniquely located amongst the glens, lochs and mountains of the West Highlands of Scotland.At Inverlochy you will experience one of the most relaxing and exciting vacations of a lifetime, where every detail for your comfort and enjoyment has been carefully considered.Rooms & ReservationsEach of the 17 bedrooms, all with private bathroom, have their own individual design and character, along with splendid views of the grounds and surrounding mountains. Room facilities include 30 inch Phillips mirror televisions, personal laptop computer with internet access, personal safe, cd player, radio, iron/ironing board. DVD player and video player as well as Playstation II available upon request.Below are small images of our rooms at Inverlochy. By clicking on the images you will be taken to a page with a 360°, interactive image of the entire room. This allows you to capture the unique atmosphere of our very individual rooms and make the choice of which of our luxury rooms you would like to reserve.Dining at InverlochyDinner at Inverlochy is an experience to savour in any of our three dining rooms, each decorated with period and elaborate furniture presented as gifts to Inverlochy Castle from the King of Norway.Dining at InverlochyDinner at Inverlochy is an experience to savour in any of our three dining rooms, each decorated with period and elaborate furniture presented as gifts to Inverlochy Castle from the King of Norway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, Splendia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Inverlochy Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.