The location is very good, arrive by train and the hotel is nice and close, the hotel is ok, and there are some nice rooms.
The lift is extremely small, and can barely take two people, a fellow guest from Germany was amazed by how small it was, and therefore you may need to wait at busy times.
We had a train shortly after 7.40 and asked the receptionist for an earlier breakfast but when we reached the dining room the next morning, the restaurant manager seemed to think that the room was run for his benefit and not of the guests. We pointed out that we had requested an earlier breakfast but obviously he had missed the customer service refresher course. It is things like that which mean that what should be a good hotel can only be described as average. Customer service is SO important, why is it overlooked?
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Hotel Fort William
- Alexandra Hotel Fort William, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Nineteenth-century Hotel, adjacent to shopping center & minutes from train station & pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Otel, Priceline, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Alexandra Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.