The Royal obviously is trying to retain some sort of old school style of luxury. I found the room a bit cramped and cold. The food was very expensive, but I don't count that against the Royal since that is obviously what you are looking for when you stay at a Barriere property. Unfortunately I was here during the winter so it was very hard to tell what the hotel would feel like with more hustle and bustle. However, they were doing some maintenance which was irritating at times. But, I must understand that this is the season to keep the property updated. I am back in Deauville again now though and it is funny because the same scaffolding that was up last year is still up today!
The gym opens rather late if one happens to be into that. But I used the long mornings reading and enjoyed the fantastic (for Europe) breakfast. The bar wasn't open very late, but again this is likely to it being off season.
I found it to be overpriced for what it was. Yet, if you are coming to Deauville, you likely are not hurting for $. The view from my room was a street view, but if you really tried you could see some ocean.
All in all, it is a cool experience. But this year I chose a much cheaper hotel that I like just as much and is right around the corner.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Barriere Deauville
- Royal Barriere Hotel Deauville
- Royal Barriere Deauville, Normandy, France
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Majestically overlooking the beach in Deauville, the Hôtel Royal Barrière is an enchanting palace, a wonderful little gem for exceptional stays. Impeccable hospitality, refined decor, subdued ambience, gourmet restaurant... everything here revolves around luxury, peace & quiet and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Royal Barriere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.