My family stayed at the Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport-North, Frankfurt for a night in December. Our reason for choosing this hotel was it was close to the airport and reasonably priced. The hotel meet these two needs. I would not want to stay here longer than a night or two. The hotel is very old and in need of some renovations. It is not unlike a lot of European hotels in the sense that the rooms are just big enough to fit the bed. It has only been a Holiday Inn for a couple of years.
This is the first hotel that I have ever stayed that had a coin operated safe in the room (see pictures). The staff was friendly and helpful. It did not appear that a lot of people were staying in the hotel.
The lobby had computers that guests could use. They were located in old telephone booths (see pictures). However, use is not free, there was a charge to use them.
The hotel had a free shuttle back and forth to the airport.
Even though it is close to the airport, we were able to take a taxi down town to the Christmas markets for about 15 Euros.
Would we stay here again and/or recommend it to friends – probably but only as an airport hotel (one night stay when all you’re looking for is a bed).
The hotel did not offer free WI-FI (not even in the lobby) which is always a pet-peeve of mine. I can spend a couple bucks at a coffee shop and get free WI-FI anywhere in the world but a hotel doesn’t give me free WI-FI after spending hundreds of dollars?
I have uploaded lots of pictures of the hotel for you to get a better picture of what it is like.
If you found my review helpful, please let me know that by clicking the Helpful Button. Thanks.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Frankfurt-Airport North Hotel
- Holiday Inn Frankfurt-Airport North Hotel Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Frankfurt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frankfurt a city well-known as finance and service centre in the middle of Germany. The airport, the stock exchange and international fairs make the pulse of the city beat faster. Surrounded by the areas Rheingau, Taunus and the southern region of the land Hessen. Sports fans also get their fair share. The recently opened Commerzbank-Arena is the heart of many football and soccer games. The Holiday Inn Frankfurt Airport-North is situated in the south of Frankfurt between the city and the airport a green spot, yet perfectly located to reach the city centre, motorways, the airport and BÃ¼rostadt Niederrad, where many office buildings are situated. Between 5:00 a.m. and 10:45 p.m. our cost-free shuttle service, on request and subject to availability, takes you to and collects you from the airport. Enjoy a fresh tapped beer and delicious grilled food in our beer garden. With nearly 300 rooms and a capacity to organize events for up to 450 people, the first-class hotel is well suited for business trips as well as for big conferences. Your car is also cared for on the big parking space. No matter whether you need a high-speed Internet access in your room or would like to check your e-mails by wireless LAN in the public areas of the hotel, here it is possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Frankfurt-Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.