Have just returned from this hotel after a nice little winter break away travelling with Thomson Holidays. Fantastic location across the road from the promenade and beach.The promenade is lovely and stretches for miles, it's all flat and it's a nice if not long walk all the way to Benalmadina.
Biggest piece of advice don't pay the £25 transfer fee with Thomson as a taxi is cheaper or alternatively get the train directly from Malaga Airport to La Colina which is only a 10 min walk downhill to the hotel. This train is part of a single line that runs from Fuengirola to Malaga and the trains run every 20 mins and costs only 2.20 Euro for a return ticket to any station. If you travelled from La Colina to Fuengirola you can even break your journey along the route so as to explore other areas.
The hotel is very clean and all staff are very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are quite roomy and again very clean. We had a room on the first floor overlooking a very quiet (no entry) road, this was despite requesting a high floor with a pool view when booking. We did mention this upon arrival at reception and were advised that we could request an upgrade at a cost, no upgrade had been mentioned by Thomson when booking. We declined as when on holiday you don't spend much time in your room anyway and as i've said the room was clean and tidy.
The only advice I would give regarding rooms is about the hairdryer, it's the same as those you find in swimming baths which take ages to dry your hair. If you like to dry your hair properly I would still advise taking your own. The room also has a fridge, handy for keeping your drinks cold. There are no Tea or Coffee facilities in room but you don't need it as you help yourself in the bar area or in the restaurant. You can also help yourself to Wine (Red/White/Rose) and Lager in the bar area and restaurant as they are all on tap. Other drinks can be ordered at the bar.
There are 2 pools (1 Indoor and 1 outdoor). The outdoor pool is not heated but the indoor one is. There is also a gym at the back of the indoor pool area.
The food is ok, not brilliant but I don't understand the reviews that say the food is poor. It is all done in buffet style with a Salad Area, Vegetarian Area, 2 Hot Food Stations, Soup Station and Dessert Station. Even the pickiest of eaters should be able to find something with those choices. I can recommend their paella and their beef stew was fantastic. The great thing about the all inclusive option is that the hotel will provide you with a packed lunch which you order at reception the evening before, it's only a bottle of water and fruit but you are allowed to make up your own rolls at breakfast time.
There is entertainment on 6 nights a week and the acts are very good. There also games and things running throughout the day.
I would definately recommend a visit to Benalmadina particularly to the amazing park in the middle.
All in all this was a great place for a winter break and I would definately recommend it to others and would return myself.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Belplaya Torremolinos
- Hotel Riu Belplaya Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 2 km from Torremolinos * Three 3, 5 & 9-storey buildings * Opposite Torremolinos beach, 50 m away * 2 km from various shops * 5 km from the airport * 10 km from Malaga * 50 m from a bus stop * 1.5 km from the train station * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Olotels, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hotel Riu Belplaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.