The bottom line: if you are young and hip, you might want to splurge on a room at the ME. For older folks, the ME is like a Marriot Courtyard hotel but with a hip ambiance that's useless to you.
Staff are pleasant and friendly.
The Supreme room is a nice size.
Street noise was not an issue (in February).
Noise from adjacent rooms and hallway was suitably muffled.
The room was kept spotless by staff.
The room curtains don't block out all the light.
The rooms have a complicated lighting system.
Supreme rooms may or may not have a view, as the ME counts rooms facing the little triangular strip on the side of the hotel (Plaza del Angel) as having a view.
I got a rug burn on my elbow from the sheets.
Everything is overpriced, e.g., a mini can of Pringles from the minibar is 6 euros; a drink at the hotel bar is 13 euros.
Key cards demagnetize frequently - we had get ours replaced twice.
We received our wake up call one hour early (ugh), but instead of acknowledging the mistake, staff hung up.
Wifi was either slow or non-working for the seven days we were there.
Regarding the key cards, when we went to get ours replaced the second time, the man at the desk asked us "Did you take any trains? Did you go to any museums?" He told us that going through security can demagnetize their cards. I thought it was pretty amusing that he thought we'd come all the way to Madrid and not go to any museums (e.g. they have this famous one there called The Prado) or take a train.
- Also Known As:
- Me Madrid Reina Victoria Hotel Madrid
- Me Madrid Reina Victoria Hotel
- Sol Melia Madrid
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ME Madrid Reina Victoria is strategically located in the heart of the city, with easy access to the major attractions such as the Prado Museum, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and Reina Sofia Museum, Retiro Park, Congress building, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, the Royal Palace and the city’s shopping and business areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Sol Melia Hotels and Resorts US, Agoda, Otel, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your ME Madrid Reina Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.