If you come to Venice on holiday it would be a shame to stay here. It is like any other 3/4 star bland hotel in the world, the surprise is whether the bathroom is on the left or the right as you enter your room.
For a business trip (the reason for my stay) there is nothing wrong with the hotel. Clean, standard, boring rooms with views over the main road and roundabout.
The location isn't great if you want to walk somewhere local, lots of main roads and busy traffic. I didn't see anything inspiring to see locally, but to be honest I didn't look very hard.
The resturant food was a basic, standard, international menu and fairly bland. A good poimt was that the smoked salmon starter was huge! I was envious of the people who ordered the pasta, it looked good and tasty... but I didn't try it.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Venezia Mestre Hotel Venice
- Novotel Venezia Mestre Hotel
- Novotel Hotel Venice
- Novotel Hotel Venezia Mestre
- Novotel Mestre
- Mestre Novotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Venezia Mestre is a modern 4 star hotel with 215 rooms, strategically located only 2 km from Venezia Mestre railway station, 7 km from the centre of Venice and 10 km from the airport. Ideal for business trips, it offers a Convention Centre with 6 meeting rooms (250 guests), business corner and WiFi access. To discover Venice, take the scheduled hotel shuttle service to Piazzale Roma. Also features rooms for 2 adults and 2 children, NovotelCafé restaurant, outdoor pool, garden and parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Venezia Mestre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.