Stayed here for a couple of nights recently. The rooms are fairly standard, just what you would expect from a Holiday Inn, clean of course and well appointed enough, certainly not luxury though.
Every room has a balcony, which is nice, especially if it is looking over the sea front.
The staff are polite and friendly. The food I found to be surprisingly good and the service at the restaurant excellent also.
There are some great little spots to have a beer and more good food just down the road, and although there is nothing much in Ijmuiden itself this little strip of shops, bars and restaurants allow for most of what you would need for a short stay. There is an ATM too.
There was some nice weather during my stay that certainly made the sea front really pleasant with lots of Dutch Families utilising their Beach Huts.
No train station, so really the only option from Amsterdam is Taxi, which is disappointing as it is so close yet pricey in a Taxi.
I believe there is a water taxi however this wasn’t investigated in full.
Ijmuiden is not necessarily a must see destination, but it does have unique qualities.
Definitely a fine hotel for business and I would say that it is suitable for families and travellers too.
It is much cheaper than staying in Amsterdam, so if you can work the Water Taxi out it might be a good option.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ijmuiden Seaport Beach Hotel Ijmuiden
- Holiday Inn Ijmuiden Seaport Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Ijmuiden
- Ijmuiden Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn IJmuiden Seaport Beach hotel is very well located directly at the beach and just 25 minutes from Amsterdam. At just 150 meters from the beach, the hotel offers a panoramical view overlooking the North Sea and the largest channel-locks of Europe. The hotel is a perfect alternative for Amsterdam hotels for both leisure and business trips. We offer 146 modern equipped rooms, including 28 Business Rooms, 100 Superior Rooms, 16 Suites (including 8 Family Suites) and 2 Superior Suites (smoking & non-smoking). Both Superior Suites are equipped with an atmospheric lighted marble whirlpool besides the bathroom, as well as an open fire in the living. Because of the splendid location between the dunes, a full service Marina and the National Park Kennemerduinen , a breathtaking view from all rooms is guaranteed. For all your business and private events the hotel offers 13 multifunctional Conference & Event rooms, fully equipped with modern facilities. Organizing your banquets, meetings, conferences and parties is what we do best. Apart from our internal leisure facilities such as Finnish Sauna, Turkish Steam bath and Fitness Center, we offer our guests relaxation in a variety of ways. Transfer using the Fast Flying Ferry from Amsterdam City Centre will take 25 minutes. Schiphol Airport is only 20 km away and also the cities of Haarlem and Alkmaar are nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Ijmuiden Seaport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.