The hotel is very big and it has very nice views of water landscapes –it was frozen at the time of my visit. Although the hotel is not right in the center of Helsinki, the city is so compact you can always reach all the places of interest on foot. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious and warm. The bed was very comfortable to sleep in.
There’s a men’s sauna and a ladies’ sauna. There’s also an indoor swimming pool. The water in the pool was too cold for an indoor pool, but perhaps it’s the right temperature to alternate each sauna session with a dip in the pool.
Breakfast was excellent, with a wide variety of food, from cereals to fish. I particularly enjoyed the smoked salmon. The breakfast room is huge, so the heating was deficient.
Strength: Hotels in Helsinki are expensive, but I got a good deal from the hotel website, so for the same money I was able to stay in a higher standard hotel.
Weakness: The hotel décor in very 70’s. It would make a much better impression if they renovated the old tiles that cover the walls of the atrium and removed those hideous plastic plants. Also carpets need changing.
I would recommend it anyway.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Helsinki Strand Hotel Helsinki
- Hilton Helsinki Strand Hotel
- Hilton International Helsinki
- Hilton Helsinki
- Helsinki Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Helsinki Strand,a comfortable downtown hotel,is located by the sea, within walking distance of the city centre and the historic sights of Helsinki. The location is ideal for both business and holiday travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Helsinki Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.